Dimensional Clash: The Invisible Hand

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:36 am

"The Omniverse... the infinite array of possibilities. Perhaps the beings brought into this Clash could serve my purpose. Then no one on any planet will be able to stop me... But no. The gauntlet... it does not function outside of its home... Very well, I shall bide my time and see what this 'Dimensional Clash' bodes."

I cannot stop his... my... its mad rampage alone... The three heroes alone could not aid me... His power has grown too great, too chaotic. I know I mustn't continue to turn to other worlds, but... If it is not stopped, it could very well bring ruin to other worlds as well...

--

(Not a story about capitalism.)

Scraps

"Hiya, Queen Ozma!" shouted Scraps, bursting awkwardly into the room, her lopsided, stitched-together, multi-colored frame wobbling in all its stuffed-ragdoll glory. "I did that thingy you told me to do!"

Now, normally you wouldn't address royalty like Scraps did, but Ozma was no pompous European royal. An Ozian by birth, and an Ozian in personality, Ozma favored just the kind of reckless beneficence that seemed to emanate from Scraps's very being.

"Wonderful," Ozma said, stepping down from her emerald throne to meet Scraps eye-to-eye. The young queen brushed a strand of Scraps's brown yarn hair out of the patchwork girl's face as Scraps awkwardly knelt. Scraps sagged somewhat where her knee touched the emerald floor. Ever since the "Wizard of Oz" confessed his humbug-itude, and ever since Queen Ozma had reclaimed her rightful place on the throne of Oz, she worked to make the Emerald City as wonderful as it was made out to be. Part of that meant making it, like, actually emerald green. (Ozma found that the BS about the spectacles was totally unrealistic when applied to actual emerald green.)

"I trust that the Winkies will appreciate the news that you just told them," Ozma continued, giving Scraps a smile. Scraps beamed back pleasantly then stood up, her pointed shoes quivering a bit as she wobbled back upright.

"Oh, you bet! I think the only time I've seen 'em happier... well, I can't say I quite remember. Head full of fluff, you know." Scraps replied, tapping her plush temple with her stuffed glove. "Tough to remember things without a hippopotamus or whatever that little curved banana thing in your brain is called."

"Hippocampus," Ozma corrected Scraps.

"Ah, that's right, hippocampus," Scraps declared. "I'm probably going to forget that in ten seconds."

Ozma giggled. "That's quite alright, Scraps, nobody is going to judge you for that."

"Hey, I don't care. I'm a patchwork-girl, I'm usually the odd one around here," Scraps said, putting her arms akimbo and puffing her chest out. She then twirled on her right heel and made a 180-degree turn. "I guess I'll be off then. Anybody in particular you want me to give the royal greetings to? You'll have to write 'em down," Scraps asked, turning her head back 180 degrees so that her neck looked like a fat cloth Twizzler.

Ozma chuckled again. "No, not today, Scraps," she replied.

"All righty then," Scraps said. "I'm off!"

"Have a good day, Scraps."

"Have a good day, Your Majestation."

Scraps departed from the royal chamber, shutting the emerald door behind her and exhaling a muffled, cottony sigh of contention. "Alright, what's next on my to-do list... Wait, do I have a to-do list? No, I don't," Scraps mused, before settling with a satisfied smirk. "Guess I'll just head out and enjoy the sunshine. And by that, I mean the colors," she added to no one in particular, "since I wasn't blessed with nerve endings."

But as Scraps stepped out into the courtyard of the Emerald City's capital building, she found herself wading into a stream, surrounded by an intense bluish-white light.

"AGH!" she yelped. "I soak up water like a sponge!"

She quickly jumped out of the stream and checked herself for wet patches. Luckily, the stream wasn't that deep. "Oh, ha-ha! False alarm!" she laughed, to no-one in particular. "Just the shoes!"

Scraps got a good look around her surroundings, noting atop a hill a magnificent castle that looked nothing like anything she had seen in Oz. "Well, I'm certainly not in Oz anymore," Scraps remarked. "Now I know exactly how that farm girl felt. What was her name again? I keep forgetting... Doloris?"

Lofty

"Great job today, Lofty," Bob the Builder said, patting Lofty on the left front wheel.

"Oh, you think so, Bob?" Lofty asked, smiling and sheepishly shifting his eyes to the right. "Did I really do a good job?"

"We couldn't have finished that apartment building without your help, Lofty. Nobody else can lift the girders like you do."

Lofty beamed. "I guess I did do a good job."

Dizzy laughed and spun around. "You always do a good job, Lofty!" the chipper young cement mixer quipped.

"Hey, there's no reason to be hard on yourself all the time," Scoop declared. The yellow backhoe clapped the blue crane on the cab with his rear shovel.

"We always do a good job when we work together, and you're no exception!" Muck added, raising his red shovel. The treaded dump truck pivoted around to face Bob.

Roley nodded in assent, and turned his drum around to face Lofty. "You don't have to worry about a thing," the road roller assured.

Lofty smiled. "Thanks," he said, lifting his arm. His winch swung a little as he made the movement.

"Well, a fantastic job on the part of all of the machines today," Bob declared. "You all deserve some rest. Our next project isn't for a couple of days, so perhaps we may have time for a trip to the bay?"

"Hooray!" cheered the machines, before following each other one after another on the dirt path leading away from the construction site.

Lofty yawned. "Bob, I'm feeling a bit dizzy right now," the crane said, turning off his headlamps. He blinked; a sort of bluish rim had crept into his vision.

"That's quite alright, Lofty," Bob said, patting the crane's cab. "Get some rest, and you'll wake up tomorrow refreshed."

Lofty smiled. "Thank you, Bob," he replied, his eyes fluttering closed.

When they opened again, Lofty didn't feel rested. At all.

"Crumbs," Lofty yawned. "That was not a good sleep, not a good sleep at all..."

The crane's eyes darted about, taking in the landscape. The garage had gone! The other machines had gone! Bob was nowhere to be found! Lofty immediately grew aversive, then outright afraid. His sky-blue lips crumpled into an expression of nervousness, and his eyes darted anxiously from left to right. "H-hello? Is this a dream? Am I dreaming?" the crane asked.

Then Lofty saw the girl made of patchwork. Unable to believe his own eyes, his pupils lolled back into his headlamp rims and he fainted, crashing down upon the ground with his chassis.

Fat Guy

Thump-flop, thump-flop, thump-flop, thump-flop...

Fat Guy seems to have thump-flopped his way out of World 2-7 and into the courtyard of King Arthur's castle. The obese Shy Guy looked about, confused.

"Looks like a castle," Fat Guy declared, "though not one I'm familiar with. Definitely not the Potted Ghost's, and I can't say I'm not glad; I was never too fond of the whole lava thing."

Fat Guy folded his arms (or made this weird stubby desperate-looking gesture that resembled arm-folding). "Certainly is a nice place, though it is somewhat cold," Fat Guy remarked.

Fat Guy heard rapturous shouting coming from the top battlements of the castle. "Well, now my curiosity is piqued," Fat Guy declared, "and now, I shall go see what the matter is."

Cordelia

After the war upon Grima, the Ylissean guard had parted ways, though Cordelia remained in service to the Ylissean Pegasus knights.

At least, that was the plan.

"Excuse me," Cordelia asked, raising a hand towards a humanoid figure in the distance, standing next to a stream. Near that figure stood a structure that resembled a small building. A tent, perhaps? It had wheels; perhaps it was some sort of wagon? "Do you have any idea where I am?"

The humanoid figure bounded towards her; as Cordelia watched the figure approach, she noted that it was distinctly feminine and wore some kind of quilt-like dress. In fact, Cordelia realized, the girl appeared to be made entirely of quilt herself, with button-pupils in white patches that served as eyes, with two rows of pearl teeth, with hair made of strands of brown yarn. The girl's mouth was a slit, and her nose protruded slightly from her face. Her eyes were big and moony.

Cordelia was somewhat taken aback by the sight, not due to any form of grotesqueness (the girl was an elegantly-sculpted human figure, if somewhat lopsided in her gait), but due to the fact that the halidom of Ylisse was not known for its population of patchwork girls. The red-haired Pegasus knight stood as the girl bounded up to her and stuck up a gloved index finger. "We're in the same boat here, ma'am," the patchwork girl declared. "But as long as we are, I ought to tell you that I'm called Scraps."

Scraps stuck out a stuffed arm for Cordelia, and Cordelia tentatively took it in her right hand's metal gauntlet. "Cordelia," she said, introducing herself. "Normally, I'm on the back of a winged horse, but it doesn't seem that my winged horse has come with me..."

Cordelia looked about in case her Pegasus had, in fact, followed her through that rift in the Outrealm. Unfortunately, it had not. Great, now I have to walk everywhere, Cordelia thought bitterly.

"Beautiful name," Scraps remarked, pressing her stuffed cheeks together and folding in her mouth. "You're so tall, you're like a foot-and-a-quarter taller than I," Scraps added, changing the subject.

Cordelia suddenly became a bit self-conscious. "Well, Scraps," Cordelia said, turning her attention back to the matter at hand, "do you have any idea how either of us got here?"

"I stepped out a door and into a creek," Scraps said rather plainly. "Then I saw that big blue thing over there. The one with the arm sticking out of the center of its rear. It has wheels like a wagon but it moved like a living creature."

Cordelia and Scraps walked over to Lofty's side. On the way there, Scraps told Cordelia bits and pieces about Oz, while Cordelia recounted some of her escapades in the halidom and as a part of the Ylissean guard. "Robin was a master tactician," Cordelia explained. "She disappeared after we defeated the dragon; I'm unsure if we will ever find her again, but I did hear something about the power of bonds between people."

"Your Robin sounds like a fantastic person," Scraps replied.

Cordelia nodded. Anything to take her mind off of him...

"Well, here we are," Scraps declared, showing off the unconscious Lofty.

Cordelia could see that it was definitely not a building but some sort of mobile contraption, upon six wheels like a long wagon but with an arm attached to its rear. Its driver's cab sat in the front, connected to the rear chassis by a hinge. "Interesting structure," Cordelia remarked. "I'm unsure what it does..."

"Well, whatever it does, it certainly doesn't act like a simple machine," Scraps declared, not realizing that where Cordelia came from, machines didn't move much past naval vessels and rudimentary clockwork. "In fact, it seemed to me more like a living thing, and when it saw me, it, like, keeled over in shock."

Cordelia knew it sounded ridiculous, but given the fact that she had just made acquaintance with a girl made of patchwork, she might as well give this contraption a shake.

Cordelia approached Lofty, and gave a light nudge to the crane's cab. Lofty's eyes shot open and he yelped in shock.

"Yep, definitely alive. Though not enchanted," Scraps remarked.

"S-s-so you w-w-weren't a d-d-dream?" Lofty stammered.

"Not the last time I checked," Scraps replied. "I didn't catch your name, since you decided to faint as soon as you saw me."

"L-l-lofty," Lofty stuttered.

"He seems to be in shock," Cordelia said.

"No duh he's in shock." Scraps rolled her silver button eyes, then blinked. "Though I'll admit that you took this a lot better than Big Blue here did."

"Hey!" Lofty snapped, glaring at Scraps. "That isn't very nice."

"Did you freak out?" Cordelia asked.

Lofty was silent for a couple seconds. "Okay, fine, yes, I did," Lofty muttered, before glancing back up at Cordelia. "Neither of you are going to hurt me, are you?"

"Why would I do that?" Cordelia asked.

"Well, it's not like I can," Scraps added, letting her cotton-stuffed arms fall limp and flailing them before Lofty's headlamp-eyes.

The six-wheeled crane turned his cab over to Cordelia. "Who are you?" he asked.

"My name is Cordelia," Cordelia said to Lofty. "Pleased, and somewhat astonished, to make your acquaintance, Lofty." She placed her left hand upon Lofty's right wheel, and patted the tire.

Scraps folded her arms. "Now, here's the important question: Where in Oz's name are we?"

"Some sort of kingdom," Cordelia replied, pointing in the direction of King Arthur's castle. "Whether or not it is a friendly kingdom, I don't know..."

"I sure hope it's a friendly kingdom," Lofty whimpered.

"There's only one way to find out. Come on, folks, we're walking," Scraps declared.

"Wouldn't it be easier just to hop in my cab?" Lofty asked.

"He has a point," Cordelia remarked.

To be quite honest, Cordelia didn't quite know what to make of the entire situation. A talking crane? What even was a crane? To top it off, an enchanted ragdoll come to life... Cordelia was at this point certain that this was no dream, though it certainly was no nightmare.

Cordelia and Scraps boarded Lofty's cab, and the blue crane's engine rumbled to life. Cordelia, startled, placed a hand on her lance, but Lofty bucked and flinched. "PLEASEDON'THURTMEIDIDN'TDOANYTHING" he hollered.

"What was that noise?!" Cordelia yelped.

Lofty blinked. "OHHHHH," the crane realized. "That's my engine."

"Engine?"

"Did you think I got around by horse?"

"Well, to be quite honest--"

"Okay, off to the castle!" Scraps interjected, pointing a gloved finger towards Arthur's castle. "We'll have to make our way through those woods over there," she explained, pointing to a narrow opening in the dark woods.

"But those woods look kind of scary," Lofty protested.

"We will be there to protect you," Cordelia reassured.

"Well, she," Scraps qualified. "I'm a patchwork girl, of little brain and little combat prowess."

"Well, I suppose that makes it my duty, and duty must be upheld," Cordelia said, placing her lance across her lap.

Lofty sighed and flicked on his headlamps as he made his way down the road towards the woods.
ToadRopes
Admin

View user profile http://dimensionalclash.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dimensional Clash: The Invisible Hand

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Slapstick
It was a clear sunny day, with just a few clouds dotting the light blue sky over the mighty sky of King Arthur's kingdom, It was there a figure appeared sitting with a leg casually draped over the other, engrossed in a large copy of the Daily Bugle, his blue pupils scanning the headlines as he plummeted towards the ground.

Suddenly his large eyebrows furrowed into a concerned expression as he noticed something that bothered him,"Pfffft, There aren't nearly enough pictures of Spiderman!", quite annoyed by this he crumpled up the paper into a ball and threw it over his shoulder, then only just realizing the whistling in his ears casually glanced down.

He let out a screech reminiscent to a foghorn, as he clasped his hands on either side of his face and his eyes popped out of his sockets, enlarging to the size of watermelons as he saw the ground rushing up to meet him.

He frantically swiped at his pockets attempting to find a device that would slow his acceleration, he pulled out several rubber chickens until he pulled out the device he had intended to get.

He gave a sharp laugh as he clicked the button on the Umbrella's handle t-

"WHAM!"

Making a crater several feet deep in his exact silhouette shape, poofy hair and all.

A sound akin to tape being pulled off a dispenser was heard as a stringy arm flopped out, followed by the other as the cartoonish hero crawled out "Well that sure came in handy" he commented as he stuffed the slightly broken Umbrella back in his pocket.
"And here my Mom said I'd never make a mark in the world" He laughed as he surveyed his new landscape. Spotting a rather rotund man in a red robe sneaking up behind him he tapped the figure on his left shoulder then quickly stepped to the right.

"Hello!" he said flashing a grin as the figure jumped, startled.

Little Sister/Big Daddy

"Come on Mister Bubbles, I hear the flap, flap, flap of an angel!" The little girl giggled as she skipped through the new forest she found herself in, The massive Big Daddy however was having trouble as its massive girth prevented it from moving well in this wooded area.

"AUUUUUUUUUUUUGH" it sounded before whirring it's drill and felling a few trees in its way, as it clumsily lumbered along, following its Little Sister.

The once normal little girl peeked through a bush and her glowing yellow eyes grew wide as she saw the rag doll girl.

"Dolly". she said wistfully remembering her past as she slowly approached the stuffed person.
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Lofty

Wheeling through the forest, Lofty immediately ground to a halt upon hearing the loud groan and the scratchy whirring. He sagged on his chassis as his lips once more crumpled into their signature look of nervousness. "What was that?!" Lofty whimpered.

Scraps was about to make a remark when she, Lofty, and Cordelia heard the CRASH of trees coming from nearby.

"Usually you say 'Timber!' when a tree falls so that people know to get out of the way," Scraps commented.

"Look out!" Lofty wailed, shifting into reverse as one of the felled trees collapsed onto the path on which the crane was traveling. Lofty's wheels contorted to cover his eyes as he lay on the dirt path, trembling and whimpering like a puppy.

Cordelia placed a hand on her lance, but Scraps stopped her and jumped out of the cab. Owls hooted in the silence. Scraps heard a few crickets chirping; one bounced onto her shoe and crawled up her leg. "Hey, get off," Scraps chided, brushing the cricket off her dress. Scraps looked back up and appraised the fallen tree. "I don't know," she said, "would this qualify as a problem?"

"Dolly..."

Scraps turned around upon hearing the voice of a little girl. Sure enough, there was, indeed, a little girl approaching her from the bushes. She wore a simple grimy linen dress and a dark blouse. Her hair was tied into two pigtails. Notably, the girl's eyes glowed a luminous yellow, like Lofty's headlamps.

Scraps, of course, wasn't afraid; how could she be? She was quite understanding about odd appearances. After all, she was the one sewn together like a quilt, wasn't she?

The taller girl bent her knees upon approaching the Little Sister, her stuffed legs folding like, well, a doll's. "Hey, kiddo," Scraps greeted, holding up a palm and waving to the little girl with the glowing eyes. "I'm Scraps." Scraps's button eyes turned upwards to take in the closely-following Big Daddy unit. Big Daddy wore an old-fashioned diving suit and had a large drill mounted on his right hand.

"Is this your father?" Scraps asked, pointing towards Big Daddy.

Fat Guy

Fat Guy nearly fell down the steps when Slapstick tapped on his shoulder.

Well, actually, he did fall down the steps. "WHOA-ACK! OOGH! AGH!" He sounded a bit like an inflated dodgeball as he bounced on each stair back to the courtyard. A couple of tiny Goonies fluttered around his head as he rubbed his temple. The Shy Guy then struggled to get up. "H-help me!" he stammered. "Uncle! Uncle!"

Fat Guy didn't get a good look at the fellow who had tapped him on the shoulder; his gut was in the way.

Last edited by ToadRopes on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:37 pm

It was a normal day for Ryle, the usual, wake up shower, eat breakfast, realize he has to buy some eggs, looking out the window and seeing that magician chick. Ryle remembered what happened last time he saw her, deciding to minimize the chance of getting brutally murdered, Ryle grabbed the less than half a suit of armor and and oddly shaped sword. After an hour Ryle had finished his shopping, unfortunately for him that magician chick had spotted him. "Crap." The magician walked up to Ryle and said, "I see you wear gear so you must be ready to disappear." The magician then tapped the tip of Ryle's nose before sending him to an unknown location.

Ryle took a moment to figure out where he was and holy crap there's a car headed right for him! Ryle quickly got out of the way, regardless of the actual speed of the vehicle, Ryle decided it was important enough to attempt to not get run over. Oh yeah his groceries were screwed.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Cordelia

Cordelia managed to turn her attention away from the Little Sister and the Big Daddy for a bit; leaving her lance in Lofty's seat, she slid out the left side of Lofty's cab to appraise the fallen tree. The branches had splintered and splayed apart, crushed under the weight of the wood, and the trunk bore a large, splintery hole that looked like the work of some kind of rotating implement. The tree's branches were knotted and gnarled.

Cordelia looked up towards Lofty's arm, and watched the winch sway back and forth. "Lofty," Cordelia asked, "can you lift this tree?"

"Um, yes, I think so," Lofty mumbled nervously, peeking one headlamp out from under his left tire. "Why?"

"Lower your hook," Cordelia instructed gently.

Lofty did as he was told, lowering the hook and allowing Cordelia to take hold of the chunk of metal. "Amazing; you can do this on your own?" Cordelia asked.

"Yes, yes I can."

Cordelia hefted the winch in her hands and made her way over to the log. Lofty's cable ran taut as Cordelia hooked a thick-looking gnarled branch onto the winch. "We need to saw a wide enough segment for you to lift out of the tree and pass through," Cordelia explained.

"Yes, yes, that would be good," Lofty said.

She took a look at the drilled gash in the wood of the tree, and then back at the Big Daddy. "Perhaps our companion with the blade may be able to help us," Cordelia mused.

"I-I don't know, he l-looks kind of scary," Lofty whimpered.

Cordelia patted the crane lorry. "It's going to be fine, Lofty," she said.

"You think so?"

"I think so."

Cordelia then approached Scraps, the Little Sister, and the Big Daddy. "Pardon my interruption," she asked Big Daddy, "but do you mind helping us cut a segment of that tree out? It's blocking the road."

Scraps perked up. "Oh, yeah, that's important. Doesn't look like poor Lofty will be able to jump over that. We can't all come and go by bubble, anyway."
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:26 pm

The comic hero laughed, bending over and clutching his stomach heaving loud "Ha HA"'s at the unfortunate masked fellow situation, unfortunately this action caused him to lose his balance, as he fell face first onto the steps and as he went down smashing himself up until he landed face first onto the hard ground.

He then braced two hands on the ground and he pulled himself up and glared his facial features flattened down.
As he walked towards the struggling guy he reached into his pocked and pulled out an Acme car jack, and shoved it under Fat guy's head then spit on both his hands and rubbed them together before gripping the wheels and twisting his muscles blowing up like a circus strongman's as he cranked the mass of blubber to his feet.

"Jeez, what'd ya have for breakfast the Hulk!?"Slapstick complained as his white face turned red from the effort.

Little Sister
"Hi Miss Scraps" happily chirped The Little Sister and then when scraps inquired about The Big Daddy her face lit up and grabbed Scraps by the hand, and pulled her eagerly towards the lumbering man.

"Oh this is Mister Bubbles!, He's my very best friend he's the biggest and bravest knight in all of Rapture!", "he protects me and helps me find the angels!"

The Big Daddy let out a low rumble as its saw Scraps, assessing if the Little Sister was in danger, but Scraps certainly didn't look threatening and she was far to short to be a Splicer.

So after a slight shift in red, the Big Daddy allowed The Little Sister to approach with the fabric female.

"Up up!" Sis cheered, and the Daddy complied lowering his hand and allowing her to climb on, before placing her on his large left shoulder gently, "Mister Bubbles this is Scraps!, She's a doll that can talk Bubbles, Its like some sort of magic!"

And as Cordelia approached Bubbles let out a resounding moan, "C'mon Mister Bubbles, Lets help the lady". Sister said as she climbed up onto his metal face and tapped the top of his helmeted head,"C'mon, C'mon" she said hanging on the fenced mask.

The Big Daddy complied though taking a large berth around Cordelia.
"WHHHHHHIIIIRRRRRRRRR!" The massive drill went as it impacted the wood punching through it like...
Well a drill through wood.

TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Fat Guy

"Well, technically muscles weigh more than fat," Fat Guy remarked, watching Slapstick do his work, "so I could very well ask you the same thing."

Fat Guy slid off the ACME car jack and landed on his floppy feet. "Yes, I will proudly say that I am fat. Or plus-size, depending on how politically-correct you want to be," Fat Guy declared. "In fact, I'm called Fat Guy. And it's because... I'm on a diet. A seafood diet."

A pause.

"When I see food, I eat it," the obese Shy Guy continued.

Fat Guy wasn't mad; this sort of thing happens often. He kind of got used to it. He had to admit, though; Slapstick was a pretty silly fella. "I suppose we can't get many answers just standing around and waiting for the sun to rise. Here's my first question: What's your name?"

Fat Guy shrugged. "I suppose it's proper to put names to faces, though you can't really see mine through my mask. Judging by the environment, though, it doesn't look like you'll be seeing any more folks like me."

Scraps

Scraps stumbled a bit like any doll would upon getting dragged by the Little Sister. When the Little Sister introduced Scraps to Big Daddy, Scraps beamed at "Mr. Bubbles". (He does kind of look like he's got bubbles on his head, Scraps thought.) "A pleasure to make your acquaintanance, Mr. Bubbles," Scraps said. Though Big Daddy was incapable of much speech aside from grunting and moaning...

Big Daddy made a moan and turned towards the tree as Little Sister excitedly swung from the grate over the cyborg's diving helmet. Cordelia and Scraps followed the lumbering diving-suit-clad man and watched as he clumped to the fallen tree and brought the drill to its trunk.

Cordelia had never seen anything like it. Big Daddy had a conical blade that twisted like an auger to a point, and he took this spinning blade to the tree's bark. Woodchips and splinters burst from the impact point as Big Daddy's drill chewed up the tree's sides. Cordelia shielded her face as the wood and sawdust kicked into the air, while Scraps watched intently, sitting down on a cool mossy rock and digging her palms into her cheeks, placing her elbows on her stuffed knees. Big Daddy, upon tearing through one part of the tree, lumbered over to the other side of the tree and began to work on that as well. Lofty didn't watch any of it. Eventually, Big Daddy had cut the tree segment down to Lofty's width, allowing Lofty to easily slip the center piece of the tree out of the segment of the tree. Cordelia leaned idly and placed a hand on her hip as Lofty smiled, retracting the cable and hoisting the log away from the path. Scraps bounded over to Big Daddy and gave his giant left paw a shake. (At least she tried to, for Big Daddies are not known to be limp like Scraps was.) "Thanks so much, Mr. Bubbles," Scraps said.

"You are quite good at this," Cordelia remarked. "You ought to get into lumbering."

"He's already lumbering," Scraps joked.

"As in, woodcutting," Cordelia corrected.

"Well, he just started doing that, too."

Lofty, satisfied, smiled once more as Cordelia strode to the log segment and unhooked his winch from the wood.

"Oh, yeah," Scraps said, perking up and turning back towards Big Daddy. "The lady's Cordelia; she seems pretty cool. And the big crane-truck-thing is Lofty. He's really timid."

"Hey!" Lofty protested, more embarrassed than angry.

"I call it as it is," Scraps said with a shrug.

Last edited by ToadRopes on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:57 pm

With a deflating balloon sound the clown's muscles returned to their stringy base form, "Well, most people know me as..." Then Slapstick struck a superman pose as A large poster appeared behind the hero reminiscent of a comic book cover, a bright white background,

In large Purple letters along the top were the words
THE AWESOME SLAPSTICK!

Along with a few other lines of text across all the other parts of the poster such as "Guest starring Fat Guy!", and "THE QUEST OF THE TRANSPARENT CLAW!" rimmed at the bottom,"But you can just call me Slapstick" The clown than stuck out his gloved hand and shook the Fat guy's stumpy limb, shocking the Guy a bit from the joy buzzer Slapstick wore.

BioShock Buddies
Big Daddy did not understand what "Lumbering" and "wudcting" were, and he let out a low moan to show that he understood who was who, in response to Scraps attempting to shake his hand, he gave he a gentle pat on the head.
as The Big Daddy picked out wood shavings stuck in the grooves of the drill,Lil' Sis climbed down and skipped towards some dandelions she picked a few humming a tune, until a low humming sound was heard as the Big Daddy lumbered over to her, she gave a small frown "But we just got here, and I'm having fun!" The large diving suit clad guardian, responded by lowering his arm to pick her up, She crossed her arms and sat down giving and upturned lip of refusal.

"No I wanna stay!", Big Daddy responded by lifting her up by her waist, "I wanna stay! I wanna stay!" she wailed as she beat her fists against the Big man's large hand, and threw her head back and forth.

Last edited by TheRandomRingmaster on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:19 am

Ryle got off the ground and picked up his sword before placing on the back of his chest piece. A distinct clang could be heard as he let go of the sharpened metal. He then looked at his destroyed groceries and noticed that the gallon of milk and a loaf of bread was still salvageable, he grabbed the two objects in one hand, he looked ahead and noticed that the vehicle had stopped, due to his current angle could only see the red haired driver.

Within a matter of moments Ryle had closed the distance between him and the vehicle and noticed that there was a small group. Regardless he approached the woman and said, "Hey, thanks for not running me over back there. You wouldn't happen to know where we are?" Before he stopped to stand a few feet to her side, in an attempt to avoid the on going tantrum.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Cordelia

"I would not, actually," Cordelia replied, turning to Ryle and looking up to meet his eyes. He had a gigantic sword slung over his shoulder. The Pegasus knight looked around. "But by appearances it is some sort of wood.

"I'm not the one driving this living wagon, however," Cordelia continued, motioning towards Lofty.

"I'm not a wagon," Lofty grumbled.

"What are you, then?"

"A crane, a lorry, either one works."

"I wasn't the one driving the crane," Cordelia said, turning back towards Ryle. "The crane is a living being, and likely didn't see you; luckily you weren't run over. Where I come from, wagon accidents are grisly."

"I'm not a wagon," Lofty repeated.

"I didn't say that you were," Cordelia replied, calling back to Lofty.

Scraps got into Lofty's right-hand seat, and called to Cordelia, "Are you coming? The road's clear, if you haven't noticed."

"Of course I noticed, it was my idea," Cordelia replied. "Just give me a minute."

"60... 59... 58..."

Cordelia sighed. "My name is Cordelia," she said, placing a hand on her breastplate. "On behalf of the crane I apologize for disrupting you."

Fat Guy

The Joy Buzzer rumbled in Fat Guy's stubby palm, shocking the poor Shy Guy a bit. "Joy Buzzer," he remarked, rattling his stubby hand. "Classic."

Fat Guy then looked up at the giant comic book cover backdrop that had appeared behind Slapstick. "Well, how's that for an introduction," Fat Guy commented. "I suppose life's an adventure. Speaking of adventures, let's check out what's going on in this castle."

Taking Slapstick by the hand, Fat Guy once again ascended the staircase into the halls of Castle Camelot. Fat Guy's stout footsteps echoed in the dark hallways. The sconces were unlit. Fat Guy heard shouts and cheering from a ways into the hallway.

"Hey, Slapstick," Fat Guy said, "there're people in this castle. Knights, if I'm not mistaken."

And sure enough, down the corridor, a doorway, lit with the warm candles and sconces of festivity, glowed with the return of Sir Gawain from his trials with the Green Knight.

Last edited by ToadRopes on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Ryle shrugged his shoulders and replied, "It's no big deal, usually when things like this happen I get off much worse." Ryle then extended his free hand and said, "Name's Ryle by the way. Nice to meet you Cordelia."

Ryle then remembered that he had a gallon of milk, "If you and the Crane don't mind, could I hitch a ride?" Ryle then held up the gallon of milk and gave it a light shake, "I've got to keep this cold." He the lowered the arm holding the remnants of his groceries.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:12 am

Slapstick too heard the sounds of much revelry, and the sound of many a casks of ale being tapped.
A grin grew across his face as the unmistakable sound of partying drew him near,"Wait stop!" the little voice in his head piped up "You two just can't go in there looking and acting like that!" Slapstick quite offended by the voice's tone took out a frying pan,"How dare you insult my dapper attire!" he hissed and brought down the pan on his head.

And as a result fell to the ground in pain "Weren't you supposed to tell me that wasen't a good idea?!" he said gripping his head and squinting through one of his eyes at his dome. "That would be you Common Sense's job and we both know he left a loooong time ago" "Fair point." Slapstick agreed composing himself, "Than what would you recommend?" Slapstick nodded several times having a silent conversation with his inner voice.

Then without warning he pointed at Fat Guy and said "Wait for my signal", and then took out a sharpie marked and with a rather annoying squeaking sound drew a fake thin twisty mustache and a thin fake goatee, then without any warning he puffed up his chest and walked into the room.

"GOOD MORROW YE KNIGHTS OF THE TABLE ROUND".Slapstick hollered

"What Ye be Talking about Jester? It is black as soot out".responded a knight looking confused.

"We have heard word of the revelry and have come to celebrate, the trials passed by the good knight-" Slapstick squinted at his palm "Gwin!".

"Dost thou mean Gawain?" the knight asked.

"HIM TOO!" Slapstick responded not missing a step, then he gestured at the doorway "May I introduce The Lord High Master of Consumption" "Lord Fattius guy!"

As Little Sis calmed down and went from bawling to weeping Big Daddy put her down, As she brushed tears out of her eyes she spoke "Can-can't we just stay here?" the Big Daddy let out a low "Uhhhhhhh" that was a no, So Little Sister still weeping ran over to Scraps and wrapped her in a bear hug burying her face in the Rag girl's soft fabric "I'll see you again Scraps I promise Okay?"
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 am

I feel another presence interfering with the fabric of the Omniverse... this foretells nothing but danger. Fie, I must remain vigilant, free from my own eyes. I cannot interfere more than I must, but I fear that without my patronage, this presence will overwhelm them.

The Hearts of worlds... Yes, they may hold the key to controlling those worlds. But from every corner, even in this universe, lurks invisible heroes. Avengers... Guardians... No. I shall work behind the layers of curtains. Bide my time, as thin as my patience wears...

Scraps

Scraps grinned at Little Sister, somewhat surprised by the sudden embrace (her arms shot upward). She wrapped her own fabric arms around the glowing-eyed girl, gently patting her on the back. "Of course, kiddo! Promise!" Scraps declared, wrapping her stuffed glove's pinky around Little Sister's own. "We'll play some other time, when we see each other again, but ol' Scraps has got some explorationing to do," Scraps said, sticking her leg out and jabbing a thumb back at Lofty.

Scraps hopped into Lofty's cab alongside Cordelia, who motioned for Ryle to have a seat on Lofty's trailer. "Unfortunately we are out of seats," Cordelia apologized, "but we won't be long at the speed at we are going. Please try to be careful; I don't want you getting hurt."

"Hey, you can probably fold me up and use me as a cushion," Scraps suggested. "I won't feel a thing. Just don't let him sit on my face. Butt-on-the-face is something that nobody would want, fabric or otherwise."

Cordelia stared at her. "You would allow me to do that?"

Scraps shrugged. "Hey, I'm stuffed with fluff. I don't have nerve endings. Did I say that already? Maybe I did, but probably not to you. I don't have nerve endings. There, just to make sure--"

Cordelia promptly tucked Scraps's limp stuffed arms in and folded her over. Scraps's head flattened like a pancake and tucked very nicely into her stuffed thighs. Scraps herself bent her legs so that they served as armrests, and lifted one to admit Ryle.

"Scratch that," Cordelia said, "you can have a seat on Scraps."

"Don't worry, there are no political or social-order innuendoes or out-uendoes about this," Scraps mumbled. Her voice was muffled by her own fabric and stuffing.

Lofty saw that Ryle meant no harm and relaxed a bit, shifting on his chassis and somewhat surprising Cordelia and Scraps. "Don't shock us like that, Lofty!" Scraps complained.

"Sorry, sorry," Lofty profusely apologized.

"Lord Fattius Guy"

That probably sounded MUCH better on paper, Fat Guy thought, waddling into the hall, his gut puffed out. A bead of sweat dropped from behind his mask.

"Uh... well met, ye Knights of the Table Round," Fat Guy stammered. "I am... Lord... Fattius... Guy... the Stalwart...?"

"Good morrow, my lord!" boomed a boyish voice from the end of the table. Standing at the head of the table was King Arthur himself, the young king of Camelot, of legend. "A welcome to you, you mysterious masked lord, and thy singular court jester! I am King Arthur, of Camelot! And this," Arthur declared, waving his hand across the table, "is my court of knights! Surely you have heard of the legendary Knights of the Table Round?"

"Indeed," Fat Guy said. Which was technically true; the Round Table was mentioned about a minute and a half prior.

"And what of thy journey, Fattius Guy, the Rotund and Magnificent?" Arthur asked. "Entertain us with a tale of grandeur, for we cannot begin our glorious celebration in the name of Sir Gawain without a tale of epic knights and valiant lords. Like thyself, I presume," Arthur added, gesturing towards Fat Guy.

The Knights of the Round Table turned their eyes expectantly towards Fat Guy. The collective scootching of stools and thumping of palms against the banquet table echoed suddenly in the hall.

"Doggone it, Slapstick, what in the hey did you get me into?" Fat Guy hissed.

Maleficent

"Let that wretched tactician run free," Maleficent muttered, stepping through a Corridor of Darkness, standing before the abode of the sorceress Morgan le Fay. "Not she, nor any other, can stop the growth of darkness in the Omniverse. Not when there are great, ambitious powers in the works."

Maleficent raised her staff and opened a Corridor of Darkness viewport to survey the world of Arthurian legend. "Perhaps our resident sorceress could lead me to the Keyhole of Camelot," Maleficent mused.

Morgan le Fay, as it turns out, now plotted to rob King Arthur of the scabbard of Excalibur as vengeance for the death of her beloved Accolon. Maleficent, perhaps, was drawn to the darkness in Morgan's Heart and therefore in her environment.
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Ryle thought the offer over, he was a bit weirded out by the idea of using an animate object and offered an alternate solution, "No offense but I think I'll just hitch a ride on the back of the crane. It's not that big a deal."
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:27 am

Scraps

Scraps shrugged. "Okay, that works too. I can't imagine that you'd want someone's face in your butt, anyway; doesn't sound quite like the best experience."

As Ryle got onto Lofty's bed, Lofty's engine restarted and the blue crane trundled through the gap in the trees, his high beams flicking on.

Scraps reclined in the right-hand seat and kicked her shoes up on Lofty's steering wheel. "So, Cordelia, tell me about this 'Chrom' character," she requested, glancing over at the Pegasus knight.

Cordelia folded one leg over the other and placed her palms in her lap. "I'd... rather not."

"Why not?" Scraps asked, unfolding her arms from behind her and placing them on her knees. She leaned towards Cordelia.

"It's a rather personal matter," Cordelia explained. "I'm not sure if you'd understand."

"Oh, I don't understand much," Scraps remarked, returning to her reclining position. "In the stead of brains I've got cotton fluff and a little bit of lint. Oh, and the Powder of Life, which accidentally animated an old gramophone."

"Powder of Life?" Cordelia asked.

"Brings stuff to life. Like myself. Without its magic, I would just be an old ragdoll, doomed to sit in the corner in festeration."

"That sounds like a grim existence."

"Well, it's one that I don't know, since I am alive and hopping about in my stuffed-with-fluff frame," Scraps replied, turning her head towards Cordelia. "I wouldn't consider myself dignified in any way. I hate dignity."

Cordelia nodded. "I suppose there's a sort of discipline in living any way of life."

"I'm very disciplinarian in my lack of discipline," Scraps declared. "I'll do nice things for people I like, but outside of that I'm not that dignified."

"You're certainly humble."

"Humble? Me?" Scraps burst into laughter. Lofty nearly screeched to a halt, but the crane realized that it was Scraps laughing gaily.

"Well, no man or woman of arrogance would boast of his or her faults and shortcomings so openly, or embrace them, for that matter," Cordelia explained.

Scraps thought for a second (or at least faked it). "Well, I suppose you have a point," she concluded.

Lofty abruptly hit the brakes and switched off his high beams. Cordelia and Scraps pitched forward; Scraps nearly fell out of Lofty's frame, had Cordelia not reflexively grabbed Scraps's patchwork arm.

"Sweet Oz!" Scraps shouted, her voice muffled from her face landing on Lofty's. "What in the world is the matter?!"

"I h-heard a w-wild animal," Lofty stammered. "Or s-s-several."

Scraps pushed herself back into the seat and rolled her eyes. "Oh, COME ON, Lofty! We're in the woods! There are gonna be animals, but that's no reason to astoundish your poor passengers every time a squirrel steps on a leaf!"

Cordelia tapped Scraps.

"And besides--hold on, Cordelia, having a moment here--this is the only path to the castle and--"

"Scraps, that was not a single squirrel," Cordelia said to Scraps, "nor was it even a squirrel."

"Whaddaya-- oh."

Scraps turned her head and saw several curious bears, all standing upright, their noses in the air and their interest piqued by this blue creature that trundled through the woods on six black, fat legs and held its tail over its head.

"Well," Scraps remarked. "Bears. Black bears, it seems. You know, back in Oz, I knew animals that could talk, though I don't know if you'd consider a cat made of glass an animal, or if you know what exactly a Woozy is, or--"

"Scraps, be quiet," Cordelia hushed the patchwork girl.

"Well, in Oz, you're supposed to keep talking to a bear. That calms them down. At least it calms down the Ozian bears, I don't know about the bears here..."

The bears, however, turned their focus to the smell of bread and milk coming from the very large human sitting on the blue beast's back. In his hands was a large container full of white milk, and a loaf of bread packaged in plastic. The curious bears plodded over to Lofty's bed and stared at Ryle.

Scraps twisted her head around Lofty's cab to watch the spectacle. Cordelia chose not to move or startle the bears; to be honest, her experience slaying enemies is different from her experience in fighting bears, and she didn't want to see how well she would fare in a brawl against a group of the animals.

Maleficent

The door to the abode of the sorceress Morgan le Fay burst open, and Maleficent strode in, her chin held high, her snakelike eyes looking down upon Arthur's magical kin.

"Morgan le Fay," Maleficent declared. "Never before have I dreamed of meeting you in person."

"Begone, fiend," Morgan cried, "for thou art but an apparition, a manifestation of my grim designs upon the King of Camelot! Thou art the result of my buried madness--"

"And perhaps the only way to release that madness is to sate it..." Maleficent replied ominously, before approaching Morgan and placing one of her crimson talons underneath the sorceress's chin. "Tell me of your troubles? Perhaps a taste of my power may quench the thirst of your madness?"

"O, my beloved Accolon..." Morgan bemoaned, "slain at the hands of my cruel brother!"

"Ah, so you wish to avenge your love," Maleficent clarified.

"Fie, fie, do not remind me of my cruel objective," Morgan lamented. "I shall steal his scabbard of eternal life and cast it into the lake, to never be found!"

Scabbard of eternal life. The wheels in Maleficent's villainous mind began to turn.

"It is my shame to admit my love, but it is not in my virtue to avenge it!"

Maleficent turned towards Morgan. "Virtue?!" Maleficent snapped. "A fig!" She thrust her arm away from her. "It is in ourselves that we are thus or thus! Our bodies are our gardens, to the which our wills are gardeners. If the balance of our lives had not one scale of reason to poise another of sensuality, the blood and baseness of our natures would conduct us to most preposterous conclusions!"

Morgan le Fay looked up at Maleficent. "Dost thou propose a different course of action? Have I the will to pursue the injustice of King Arthur?"

Maleficent smiled. Everything was going according to plan. "Through strength of will, you shall have your vengeance," the dark fairy replied. "I will be at your side. Your confidant, if you will. My resources are yours."

And as Maleficent said that, several Corridors of Darkness appeared and through them lurched Nobodies; the lower Dusks. Accompanying them were several Heartless Shadows.

"Pray, what are these hellish daemons that thou dost summon?" Morgan cried, growing apprehensive.

"Your key to vengeance. I am providing you with power, with force, enough to tear through Arthur's walls and take from him his precious scabbard. Then, you may thrust it into his Heart and force upon him eternal life, doomed to watch those whom he cares for crumble and wither away through all eternity."

Morgan thought for a second, but swept up in her emotions, she found herself agreeing with Maleficent's proposition. And as she and Maleficent made their pact, the Nobodies and Heartless surrounded them, now at the command of Morgan le Fay.
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:15 am

Slapstick grinned at Fat Guy's obvious nervousness, and complete and utter embarrassment.
Then the hero gave the Mario minion a wink and a elbow nudge, "O' Dearest Knights, and thy greatest of The Kings, My Master is nary for tale telling, but I however can siiiiiing".Slapstick said as his voice grew melodious, reaching into his pocket he brought out a Lute, and tuned it.

With a few strums he began a tune.

"Allow me to tell you a tale of adventure!, Of Dragons, Of Bravery in the sight of certain death!"
(Strum,Strum)
"It all began, in the sunshine soaked land of west Maskem,
A once great city, now destroyed and in pity".
All the royalty taken, all the men fried like bacon"
"The gold and jewels, and even the lamest of mules"
"Taken and eaten, while the Kings forces doth weakened"

Slapstick clicked his heels and walked around the table his voice increasing in volume
"The source of this doom, was a giant Daemoon.
A Firey Lizard whose wings blotted out the sky, whose jaws swallowed up armies like pieces of pie!"
(Strum,strum,strum,strum,strum,strum,STRUM,strum strum!)

Slapstick gave a quick pause.

"Then came a knight with tremendous weight!, girth larger than twenty crates".
"Stepping up to the plate, he took the cake!"

"Taking up his sword, his shield and his fat he planned to wield as he marched towards his path to slay the beast!"

Slapstick began strumming quite fast and rhythmically his fingers ablur, the knights cheered at the Mad Jester's display of enthusiasm.

"The great Drake of death, flew down from the aire, burning and churning without much a care.

The great scaly beast swooced down and snapped Up the stout knight, supposibly  ending Fat's righteous plight".

"But all was not so as the beast began to slow, and cough and gag and tried to spit up flames, and at once it's body thrashed in vain, the monster in enormous pain."

"Because clogged up in his windpipe, was the obese fat knight, who struck and stabbed and cut with all his might, and the great drake died from that side of extra lard with eyes!"

"That plumply, bumpy, stumpy, calorie infused, diet-is-never-a-word-to-be-used....

"LORD FATTIUS THE GUY!"

Slapstick emphasized the end by raising the handle of the Lute over his head and brining it down onto the ground smashing it into wooden splinters.

Little Lister and her Diving suited friend strolled off deeper into the thicket, preferring that to a straight forward path.
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Ryle was unfazed by the bears that approached him, aside from the fact they appeared to be nudist of course. Bears usually knew where they were, Ryle assumed these Bears were like his neighbor Paul, the human then proceeded to ask the Bears questions, "Hey guys how's it going?" The largest of the Bears replied, "Grahh?" Ryle assumed the bear was fine. "Yeah, so a crane, doll, lady knight and I are lost. Would you happen to know where we are?" Another bear replied "GRAWL?" "Oh neat, do you know where the nearest town or something like that is?" Ryle asked. At this point for reasons unknown the third bear moved one of its forelegs in a manner that appeared to be pointing forward. Ryle said, "Thanks for the info, you can have the gallon of milk if you want. It'll probably go bad before we get into town." Ryle then held out his arm to offer the milk to one of the bears. The first bear then managed to take the milk. Ryle then collected his Loaf of bread before walking along the top of Lofty to the cabin and said, "Oh those guys say that we're in Grawl and there's a town up ahead.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Scraps

"Well, we were trying to get to the castle by following the path in that direction anyway, but OK," Scraps replied with a shrug.

"I don't think those bears were the talking sort," Cordelia whispered to Scraps.

"Hey, they didn't maul our faces, they were probably just curious."

Indeed they were; they seemed sated by the gallon of milk, pawing at the container and experimenting with it. Eventually the bears managed to puncture the plastic and spill the milk on the ground, lapping it up, satisfied.

Upon exiting the forest, Lofty breathed a heavy sigh of relief. "Sighing," he warned Cordelia, Ryle, and Scraps, before letting out a deep exhalation and lowering a bit on his chassis. Lofty smiled and glanced up at his passengers. "Not long to the castle, it looks like," the crane said happily. "I think we can make it without running into trouble."

"Well, that's good," Scraps said. "We'll just drive into town and then be on our way. We trundle up to the castle, edumacate ourselves about this place, then figure out what to do from there."

"Presumably that means getting back home, right?" Lofty asked.

"Hey, there's no place like home," Scraps replied. "Though I am enjoying all of your company."

"I enjoy your company, too, Scraps," Cordelia said.

Lofty rolled into town, and looked about, his high beam headlights illuminating the square. "Well, it figures that nobody's out and about," Scraps remarked, "it's practically midnight."

Suddenly, a scream echoed from the west side of town. Lofty flinched and nearly bucked Cordelia, Scraps, and Ryle. Lofty began to rattle, shivering in fear. "W-w-why is someone screaming? Are we in danger?"

Cordelia picked up her lance and glanced out Lofty's window, climbing out of the lorry's cab and stepping onto the dirt path. She gripped her lance in both hands as Scraps followed her. Lofty's engine sputtered and rumbled.

Scraps made an exaggerated pose that looked like the child of tai-chi and taekwondo.

"That is definitely not a fighting pose," Cordelia commented, "if that's what you're going for."

"I don't know, will they know the difference?" Scraps asked.

Scraps turned her eyes towards the west end of town, and saw exactly what was causing the ruckus. A crowd of white, wraith-like creatures with no hearts (like, literally, they have no blood-pumping organs in their chests) skulked through the path, lurching towards Lofty, Scraps, Cordelia, and Ryle. Cordelia glared at the Heartless and tightened her grip on the lance's shaft. Scraps ducked behind Cordelia and peeked out from over the Pegasus knight's shoulder.

There were two types of Nobodies in the attacking crowd. The Dusks resembled hooded wraiths with slender, whiplike limbs and a gray maw with sharp teeth. The Creepers, the weaker but more numerous Nobodies, skulked about on their massive forearms, their legs dangling uselessly below their bodies. These Nobodies took different, weaponlike forms, and the Creepers could momentarily vanish and reappear above an adversary to attack.

Speaking of which--

"Scraps, watch out!" Cordelia shouted, whirling around and pushing the patchwork girl away, before thrusting her lance into the air and skewering a Creeper that had taken the form of a weight to drop upon Scraps. Cordelia whipped the Nobody off the lance and it disintegrated in a flash of light.

"That was way too close," Scraps breathed, before picking up a conveniently placed tree branch and lugging it towards Cordelia.

"Scraps, you said you weren't a fighter," Cordelia said, spearing a Dusk through the face and kicking it off her lance.

"I certainly am not," Scraps replied, before comically whacking the branch into an oncoming Creeper for Cordelia to slam with the butt of her lance. "I'm an improviser."

"Help me!" Lofty wailed, his arm sagging and his front wheels nervously gripping the corners of his mouth.

Cordelia turned around and dashed towards Lofty (stumbling twice), before dashing in front of the truck and sequentially smiting two lance-form Creepers making their way towards him.

"Thank you, Cordelia," Lofty whimpered.

"Stay safe, Lofty, we'll keep them away from you," Cordelia ordered.

"Ok, yeah, I will."

Scraps yelled, "BEHIND YOU!" to Cordelia, pointing an awkward gloved finger at Cordelia's left shoulder. Cordelia reacted quickly and adjusted her grip so that her hand was close to the head of the spear. She slammed the blade like a dagger into the Nobody that dared attempt a sucker punch on her. Meanwhile, Scraps hobbled her way towards the apparently populated areas of town to survey the extent of this invasion.

"Dear Oz, they're crawling everywhere," Scraps muttered. She looked for a safe path, one less-occupied by Nobodies. She found a relatively-clear area in the east, and found that most of the people had locked their doors. Scraps skipped to the nearest house and frantically thumped on the door. "Clear out!" she yelled to the house's inhabitants, a peasant man and his wife.

The wife fainted and the peasant man, in surprise and terror, gave Scraps a swift boot in the gut, blowing the patchwork girl several yards away. She rolled on the dirt, then shook her head. "You're welcome," she grumbled, dusting off her dress, before turning to see a sword-form Creeper sailing towards her. "EEP!" Scraps ducked, and watched the Creeper embed itself in a faraway wall. She whipped around, then spotted a terrified-looking page on horseback attempting to stave off several Dusks. Scraps picked up her big stick, and without speaking, lugged it over to the Dusks and beat it on the ground. Only then did she shout, "SCRAM! GET LOST!"

The horse reared and nearly threw its rider, but Scraps grabbed onto its hoof and stroked its leg. "No, no! Down! Heel! It's fine! I'm not going to hurt anyone..." Scraps cried, before reconsidering and adding, "...That's not of those things..."

"What do I see before me? Hark, the figure of a girl, but fie, her skin, like a quilt, is made of patch--"

"Yes, yes, I'm all sewn-together and stuffed-up! I presume you came from the castle, so you ought to run back there and get whoever's running this kingdom to send knights or something," Scraps interrupted the page. Without speaking, the page turned around and galloped away, unsure of what just happened.

Fat Guy

Fat Guy had to admit that was an alright ballad.

"Thy bard is quite the character, Lord Fattius Guy, the Rotund," Sir Lancelot remarked, standing up. The rest of the knights, and King Arthur himself, stood with Lancelot and applauded.

"Dang, you're good," Fat Guy whispered to Slapstick.

"Sit at our side, good lord, and revel in the bravery of Sir Gawain!" requested Percival.

Sir Gawain hid his face.

"Come now, Sir Gawain, do not shy from such an illustrious lord! Your courage and heroism is naught to spurn," King Arthur chided, turning towards Gawain.

Fat Guy took a seat and the knights passed him a robustly-laden plate with mutton, gravy, roast vegetables, and other fancy knightly-type foods. A similar plate was passed to Slapstick, the "Pallid Bard" as they whispered amongst themselves.

But as Fat Guy prepared to dig in, a page burst into the hall. "Your Majesty! News from the town; there has been an attack--"

"What?! Say it is not so!" Arthur roared, slamming his hands on the table.

"White wraiths with slender arms and crumpled hoods, I'm afraid!" the page explained. "Their heads are naught but fiendish maws with jagged teeth, and they glide across the land like ghosts. There are too many to count; it seems as if they are an invasion from beyond! They are accompanied by demons that stalk the earth on their massive hands, and can transform into wicked blades that move on their own!"

"King Arthur, my liege!" Lancelot shouted. "Perchance we may accompany this good, brave lord and his bard into battle! Surely he that hath slain the hellion told in the bard's tale hath the skill to best these white daemons!"

Arthur drew his sword. "Didst you come in peace, Your Robustness?" Arthur asked.

"Yes, yes I did," Fat Guy said, putting up his stubby palms.

"Then arm thyself, Lord, for our kingdom's safety is at stake!" King Arthur declared. "Sir Gawain, you, Guinivere, and I shall stay in the castle; the rest of you, accompany Lord Fattius Guy to town!"

"Um... is there a horse that'll support my weight?" Fat Guy asked.

Maleficent

"Perhaps this attack will draw King Arthur to where you may meet him, and pierce him with his scabbard," Maleficent mused to Morgan, watching the attack from a Corridor of Darkness.

"You are certain your dark devices will avenge my love? I cannot dance further with the devil than I am..." Morgan asked.

"Trust me," Maleficent said, a sinister smile crawling up her lip as she turned back towards the Corridor of Darkness.
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:03 pm

"I'm getting fired up!" Ryle shouted as he sliced a creeper in two, causing it to burst into light. Ryle took a moment to scout for any enemies heading down the makeshift path, as to be expected a nobody was dumb enough to attempt going after the civilians. In response Ryle rammed an armored shoulder before delivered a shocking kick to it, causing it to dissipate. Ryle then noticed a Dusk near Lofty and with a swing of his sword a wave of flames was send towards the nobody, causing the secondary blade to detach from the sword and start floating on the side of the sword. Ryle then noticed a Dusk behind Cordelia, he shouted "Cordelia! I've got your six!" Ryle then ran up to the dusk and thrust the sword at the nobody. The dusk however was caught between the two blades before Ryle gave a smirk, before the blades snapped together crushing the Dusk.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:19 am

Slapstick did an over exaggerated bow, as the knights applauded, and when he was seated and about to take a bite out of a large turkey leg, the page burst in "Never fails, I get a giant turkey leg and someone needs me to ghostbust". he mumbled humorously, as he leapt to his feet.

"ONWARD TO BATTLE!"He hollered pointing at the door.

Several moments later
Slapstick was atop a horse and as a knight offered him a sword he declined,"Oh no I have my own tricks up my sleeve". he said tapping his left glove with his right and giving a knowing look, the knight gave a confused look and then just shrugged as they marched out to battle, as the sound of hooves sounded through the dark night air as they galloped towards said site of danger, and soon the sounds of villagers screaming brought the knights slashing and hacking in.

"HELP!" cried a family who was cornered against a building by a Dusk nobody, the parents huddled together protecting their child from the approaching pale slender monster.

Slapstick somersaulted into view placing himself between the family and the monster,"WOAH there!, now I don't want to be the killjoy here, but I just can't have you killing civilians its just not rig-" Slapstick was interrupted as the Dush formed a blade and slashed his head off.

Stalking past the now headless clown the Nobody raised his arm to spear the family, a swiping motion was made that knocked it onto it's back, "I just wanna say that I did try to be diplomatic you all saw that!" said Slapstick as he held a large blue mallet with both hands, adorned with a purple star within a circle on both sides of the whacker.

He spun around 360 degrees on his heels and with a very audible "TWHACK!" as he smashed his mallet into the Nobodies' head the force being so great as to toss it a few feet to the side, the Heartless Creature lurched back up and dashed at the Toony menace.

Slapstick merely snickered jumped up and clicked his heels "MEEP MEEP!" he mocked as he fled his legs doing little animated circles, The nobody forgetting about its victims took chase after the hero.

"FORE" The Toon yelled gleefully giving a ear to ear grin as he lowered his mallet like a golf club and smashed the leg of a Creeper causing it to topple over and crush the chasing Dusk.

"Well you know what they say", Slapstick spoke stopping and leaning on a building "The bigger they are thOW DON'T BITE THERE YOU STUPID @##*!" the last part was added when a Dusk caught him off guard and attacked him ruining the punchline.
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 am

A collaboration between ToadRopes, Teedler, and TheRandomRingmaster

Cordelia

Cordelia spun around just as Ryle whacked the Dusk away from her. As he crushed it in his blade, however, two Creepers shaped like swords rushed at him to cut his head off. "Ryle!" Cordelia shouted. She immediately sprung into action and parried them away, before thrusting her spear into one Creeper, twirling it, then jamming it into the other. Both dissolved into particles of light.

Scraps dashed back to Cordelia and screeched to a halt. "I sent for help," Scraps declared proudly.

"Good," Cordelia replied, "we'll need all that we can get."

And sure enough, in rode three of the Knights of the Round Table on horseback, accompanied by a wacky-looking purple-clad pale-faced character and a rotund fellow in a red hood and a simple white mask.

"Thanks for the save." Ryle responded, as his sword's blades separated once again. Ryle noticed a nearby Creeper and sent a pulse of Magic down his sword separating the blades once more. Ryle then swung the sharpened steel at the Nobody dissapating it into light.

"You keeping count?" Cordelia asked, pointing her lance at a group of Nobodies.

"Nope, we've either got to start hitting a bunch at once or we need to fall back." Ryle replied after taking a moment to take in the number of Nobodies.

"Good point," Cordelia replied. She exchanged her steel lance for her javelin, then strafed to the side, hurling the brass weapon into two Dusks at once. The Knights galloped into town and with their blades aided the battle, slicing at the Nobodies with the officiousness of the gallant knights of stories. Slapstick's gags, on the other hand, worked like a charm on the Nobodies, but as the Dusk sucker-punched him, Fat Guy quickly came to the rescue, waddling over and body-slamming the Dusk, flattening the Nobody and bouncing off like an exercise ball, leaving the Nobody stunned.

Shy Guys have a secret technique, a self-defense technique that allows them to amplify Newton's third law: for every force upon an object, there is an equal and opposite force.

The downside of this body slam was that it sent Fat Guy careening into the air. He did a somersault, then comically landed flat on his face.

Slapstick stood back up giving his head a good smack making a rattling sound as his eyes clattered around, as he focused a Dusk jumped in front of him, baring its(teeth?), Slapstick waved his left hand in front of his nonexistant nose, "You sir have one dirty mouth", producing a bar of soap Slapstick shoved it down the creature's throat before launching his knee cruelly into the Nobodie's jaw.

"You're welcome," Fat Guy mumbled.

"Oh yeah thanks" Slapstick replied rolling his eyes as he struggled to hold the jaw of the Noboby open as it tried to munch of the toon's head.

Ryle placed his left hand just above his wrist and removed a piece the armor covering his right
arm and placed it in the empty section of his sword before he shouted a simple request, "If you're infront of me i suggest you move!" A series of sparks then began coursing along the length of Ryle's blades.

Cordelia saw Ryle's sword sparking with electricity; she had seen enough Levin swords to know what was coming next. She yanked her javelin out of the ground and awkwardly stumbled back towards Ryle. Curse my lame running! Cordelia thought. I knew one day it would be my end!

But Lofty saw Cordelia stumbling and struggling to move, and his headlamp-eyes widened. "Cordelia!" Lofty cried, lurching forward and swinging his crane arm to the left. It pivoted and extended, as his winch lowered and swung for Cordelia to grab. And grab it she did; Lofty lifted her into the air and contracted his pneumatic crane arm, raising the Pegasus knight off the ground and swinging her back around Ryle so that she was out of reach of the perceived "Levin Sword."

Slaptick noticing that his plump friend was still in range of a very possible painful attack, "Aw Jeez", he said as he gritted his teeth and lifted up Fat Guy his arms wobbling from the effort, jumping over Dusks and dodging Creepers, Slapstick gave a mighty heave as he tossed Fat Guy into Lofty's cab, before trying to grab on.

When he was nabbed by a creeper and pulled of with a yelp, the Creepers than began to circle around the toon and punch and kick him like bullies at a schoolyard.

Cordelia whirled her lance overhead and speared through one group of Creepers, before skillfully twisting about and spearing through the other. They loosened their grips and their blows, dissolving into light.

Fat Guy, surprisingly, didn't take up that much of the space in Lofty's cab, given that he wasn't the tallest character to begin with (though he certainly is the most obese). It was like sitting next to an exercise ball.

But before Slapstick could turn around, the frightened Lofty had backed over Slapstick leaving him slightly worse off than he was a few seconds ago and ducked behind a building.

And then new Creepers came and proceeded to beat the everloving crap out of Slapstick.

Ryle pointed his sword at a group of nobodies as he shouted, "Let's see how you like this! SEARING SHOT!" the sparks then uniformly ran down the blades, as a piece of flaming armor shot into the crowd of Nobodies.

The armor blasted into the Nobodies, rocketing in with the force of a deadly baseball pitch (about 90mph; Charlie Brown would kill to have a pitch like that) and instantly erupting them into particles of light. While a baseball is made of leather, a piece of flaming armor is 1. on fire, 2. made of metal, and 3. rather painful to get beaned by.

The Round Table knights scattered, ducking out of the way as the armor exploded the Nobodies. "Why, the Lord Fattius's bard has prowess on the battlefield as wel!" remarked Lancelot.

There's too many, I've got one option left. Ryle thought as he gave his sword another swing, placing the secondary blade at the end of the primary blade. Ryle then looked around to see his allies, Lofty, should be fine, Scraps is fabric, and Cordelia... Is covered in metal. Now swarmed by Nobodies, Ryle was left with no choice and no time to explain. "Cordelia, if you want to live, I need you to take off your armor right now!"

Cordelia stared at him. "Are you daft?" she asked. "These wraiths turn into blades and you're asking me to--"

"A puncture wound is going to be the least of our worries unless you get your clothes off your body!" Ryle shouted as his sword started to spark.

Cordelia sighed and unhooked her breastplate from her chest, thinking about her life rather than her bust size. She unlocked the latches on her gauntlet and pried off her shoulderpads. She undid her belt and placed it next to her.

"You're stripping now of all times?!" Fat Guy asked incredulously.

"I'm not stripping," Cordelia grunted, pulling off her elbow guards, "I'm removing my armor."

"So the shirt is staying on?"

"YES, THE SHIRT IS STAYING ON!"

"Good, I get uncomfortable around naked bodies. Behind the Lakitu walls back in 2-7, I've inadvertently--"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT."

Ryle slammed the pommel of his now glowing sword into the ground as a lightning bolt fell from thr heavens and filled the ground with amp upon amp. Ryle's hair stood on end as the nearby Nobodies met thier ends. Blasts of electricity coursed along the ground, sparking anything made of metal in their path. Lofty quivered in his six tires as the sparks danced along his metal cab, protecting his occupants. Unbeknowest to Ryle, however, he also managed to hit a purple figure.

The quivering form of Slapstick shook and sparked than without warning leapt to his wacky boots, his muscles bulging and expanding in size, until he stood at nine feet, looking roided out, or, if you will, like a JoJo charater. "SLAP!, STICK" he roared as he brought his hands togather smashing a Creeper to bits, he gave a distrubing grin as he set his sights on the group of Dusks.

Smashing his now meaty arms to his buff chest like a gorilla, he ran at the Nobodies.

In a display that was as humorous as it was horrifying, three wooden barrels materialized and rolled down Slapstick's left bicep and as they rolled off the clown's arm went off like a piston blasting the barrels into the Nobodies, turning the pale freaks into true nobodies as the barrels collided and crushed their wiry figures to death.

Talk about expanding dong.

His eyes extended into dagger shapes as he spotted the last few Creepers lumbering, his poofy purple hair billowed like an elegant lion's mane as he streaked forward, the mallet appearing and growing in his grasp, larger, larger until it was the size of a small house.

"Ha HA Huh Ha heh!" He giggled as he brought it down cratering the earth and shaking the ground.

Lofty yelped as the ground cartoonishly churned like the waves of the ocean, comically tossing the crane about a foot into the air before sending him crashing down to the dirt. Cordelia bonked her head on the roof, but because it was supposed to be funny, she didn't suffer a concussion. Lofty closed his eyes and whimpered.

Fat Guy could do nothing but stare in shock as the bulked-up Toon brought the slaughter to the Nobodies.

As soon as the shaking stopped, Lofty opened one eye. "Is it over?" he squeaked.

"Impressive," Fat Guy remarked, stepping out of Lofty and waddling over to Slapstick, as soon as the superhero's mallet rampage was over.

Ryle turned to Lofty and Cordelia and giving a thumbs up before taking his sword out of the ground. The two blades returned to thier closed position.

Cordelia replaced her armor and returned the thumbs-up to Ryle.

Ryle took note of Slapstick's handiwork, feeling threatened be the idea of having to deal with the toon, attempted to set his sword to the open position only for an a hollow click To come from the sword before the secondary blade fell to the ground.

"Wait, wait, don't get aggressive and stuff on the guy, he just cleared the city of those monsters!" Fat Guy protested, taking Ryle's weapon preparation as an unnecessary act of aggression.

"Wise words, good Lord Fattius Guy," declared Sir Percival, as the three Knights rode to the scene. "Thy bard may be a greater force than we perceived; is he not a knight?"

"I guess you can say that," Fat Guy replied, glancing over at Slapstick.

"Self defense, not that it's going to do any good." Ryle replied, as he

"Just making sure. What kind of thanks would cutting up the awesome Slapstick be?" Fat Guy asked.

Slapstick more amused by anything stomped over to Ryle "WHAT'S THE MATTER LITTLE MAN YOU AFRAID?" he added to this by looming over the Railgunner, before lifting his right arm and pulling a zipper all the way down his body sloughing off the form like a suit to reveal his skinny short version.

"Slapstick," Fat Guy grumbled, "not helping."

"Usually when things this happen I end up pulling the short straw is all." Ryle replied, trying to keep his composure.

Scraps stumbled back to the main group. "Can't say I felt any of that," she commented.

"On account of your lack of nerve endings," Cordelia replied.

Sir Lancelot spoke up. "All of you are now heroes of Camelot. Come! King Arthur will be pleased to hear of your exploits! For to not only save the town, but save it as young men and women..."

Scraps was about to say something, but then she realized that this kingdom's existence was prior to the passage of the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"...is a feat that our fair King would surely love to hear! Come; ride your gallant blue steed and follow us to the castle!"

Slapstick laughed and gave Ryle a good natured slap on the back. "You, my friend, take life far too seriously."

"Look, when the local goddess likes getting you wrapped up in her errands, you don't get to be at ease all the time," Ryle replied.

Fat Guy plodded over to his stout mount (a valiant donkey unafraid of battle) and followed behind Sir Lancelot and the other knights.

Lofty seemed somewhat offended at being called a "steed." Scraps noted his somewhat sour expression.

"Don't worry, Lofty," Scraps reassured, patting the crane's left tire. "Scooping Cordelia up like that with your winch; now that's what I call bravorism."

Lofty smiled. "You think so?"

Scraps shrugged. "What do I know?" she asked cryptically, slipping into the right side of Lofty's cab. "I'm stuffed with fluff." She kicked her legs up on the crane's steering wheel as he rumbled to life and trundled after Fat Guy.

Ryle deciding not to be a douche bag and on the assumption that Cordelia could be pissed at him, took his place outside of Lofty's cab before attaching the secondary blade back to his sword.

"One second!" Slapstick called before cartwheeling over to his house sized mallet.

He grabbed a small rubber cork in the side and pulled it out and like a ballon let go it flew up into the air and flew around for a while before compressing to its normal form, which Slapstick warp back to hammerspace, with a hop and and skop he jumped back onto his horse.

Maleficent

"Woe, woe! Arthur was not even with them!" Morgan lamented.

Maleficent growled under her breath. "Always. ALWAYS! Everywhere I go, these... these paradigms, these protagonists... That mushroom brat! That wretched tactician! And now that idiot cartoon character, that lance-wielding goody-two-shoes, that magical swordsman--"

"What?" Morgan asked.

Maleficent recomposed her façade of calm. "Our first plan clearly didn't work. Fear not; I have the resources to mount a full-scale assault upon the castle of your King Arthur."

"I'm starting to think this is going to be more trouble than it is worth," Morgan remarked.

"No, no, you'll get your vengeance, I promise," Maleficent hushed. She spread her arms and several Corridors of Darkness appeared, revealing a cavalry of Infernal Engines, their box-like forms pivoting on their massive tires, their wooden maws clamping up and down.

"Will you not attack town?" Morgan asked. "You look to mount a siege?"

"Precisely, my dear sorceress," Maleficent replied. "Now, it's just a matter of placing a simple fortification spell upon my cavalry of siege engines..."

Morgan le Fay waved her hands and placed the spell on the Infernal Engines; their planks glowed with Old English words meaning "fortify" and "defend."

And that patchwork girl, that enchanted doll... She brought the Knights and that foolish jester... She, too, is a menace. I must never underestimate the champions of these clashes...
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:56 pm

As they got to the castle, Slapstick was eager to get back to his food. But as he once again lifted the large turkey leg to his maw to take a bite he couldn't help but notice several pairs of eyeballs staring at him, "Something I can help you with?" The knights shifted unable to contain their enthusiasm,"Pale Bard we wish to ask thee some questions, if thee allows it" requested a knight.

"Acchsh AWWagh", Slapstick replied while he shoved the drumstick down his gullet.

"Where did thee get thy amazing powers of combat?!"
"Art thou a wizard with powerful sorcery?!"
"What great land do you hail from, are the people of this land as mighty as you?!"

Slapstick pulled out the bone from his mouth with a wet popping sound and placed it on the plate.
He tilted back in his chair interlocking his fingers, giving a thoughtful look "Well it all began some time ago..."

"Why is he staring blankly at the wall?" asked a knight.

The room went into a flashback(to those viewing) as Slapstick began to narrate, "I was in high school, just a normal teenager, "Thats me right there". he said pointing out a clown makeup teen stealthily following a couple, "Trust me its not nearly as creepy as it seems!", "I was planning on getting back at that jerk Winston!" he said pointing at the guy,"That's when things got a bit weird.." several weird clowns showed up and surrounded the couple forcing them through the opening of a funhouse,"Now Steve was a jerk sure but I couldn't let him ad his gal face whatever horrible fate those bozos had in store for them!, "So I followed them"

The image shifted as the clown costumed teen's flesh stretched like rubber across several areas of space , until settling in front of a scientist-type figure that suspiciously resembled Groucho Marx,"That guys the Scientist Supreme, he taught me how to harness my new-found powers, After that I fought some evil clowns and freed some folks".

The flashback ended, "And Thats how I became.." he gestured at his being "Like this, My abilities aren't magic I just operate on a different level of logic than you guys, And though it can be reasoned magic is just science we cant understand I'd rather not get into that argument right now".

He paused taking a swig of ale and giving a sharp "Hic!" "I'm from a land like this, well very unlike this if I think about it". he stroked his chin thinking "For one, we have people like me "Knights" I suppose they have great power and combat prowess, but they don't wear armor they wear incredibly tight fitting outfits that seem like they'd restrict movements but they somehow don't for some reason...."
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:24 pm

After a short amount of time Ryle found himself infront of a castle. Ryle then knocked on the door and said, "Umm, yo, we were invited to this castle or something." In an unsure tone. Ryle had avoid talking to the others, mostly because he assumed Lofty was an ai, and he assumed Scraps was told of his request and he wasn't taking any risk for Cordelia be able to bend reality. In short he was a little terrified.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:17 am

Scraps

As Slapstick prattled on about his backstory to the knights, Scraps sat quaintly at the table, her gloves folded neatly in her lap. The guards that had admitted Ryle and company into the castle stood at the archway. Somehow, they'd managed to fit Lofty into the grand hall (he had to collapse his arm quite a bit; Cordelia, Fat Guy, and Scraps had helped the Knights push the table over to fit the lorry's girth).

"Do you not eat?" Cordelia asked Scraps, taking a bite of mutton.

"If I tried, I'd end up looking--and smelling--like a rotten sack of potatoes," Scraps replied.

Cordelia glanced over the patchwork girl and nodded. "Fair point," Cordelia remarked. She took a sip from one of the King's gilded goblets and placed it on the table. "I shan't drink too much," she said. "I remember Robin would stay away from alcohol, since she knew it addled her brain. I don't become tipsy easily, either."

"Well, that's good," Scraps remarked.

Lofty didn't eat, either; rather, he took drinks of oil (it wasn't motor oil, of course, or petrol, for that matter).

Fat Guy leaned over to Cordelia. "That sword-wielding feller asked you to take your clothes off," he whispered.

"I'm aware. Lofty kept us safe during the electrical pulses; I'm unsure if I needed to remove my breastplate."

"Perhaps taking your clothes off in the middle of a battle may serve some purpose, then?"

"If I have to, it had better; I'm not some stripping hussy for men's entertainment..."

"Also, question, why is your breastplate shaped like that?"

Cordelia leaned back in her chair. "It really shouldn't look like that; it was a cosmetic design choice, but in terms of practicality, well, it has none."

"Explain."

"I'm unlucky enough to have experienced this once; a blow to the chest, in a breastplate shaped like this, is more likely to cause severe injury. I once got struck there, and I very nearly fell if not for Robin's swiftness in whisking me to the medical tent."

"Really?"

"Yes. The shock traveled into my breasts, through my chest, and damaged my sternum. Thankfully, we had healing magic at the ready, so I didn't suffer as much as I could have. Really, a more practical breastplate for a woman would be identical to a man's, but with a little bit of extra room for the woman's bust. Although, on my part, I'm unsure if that matters," Cordelia concluded, patting her chest once.

Fat Guy wasn't sure what she meant; he hadn't had much experience with breasts, and didn't know what they were like (to be quite honest, they were a bit like him; round, and comprised mostly of fat).

Scraps turned to Cordelia. "The poor fella didn't talk the whole way through the ride," she remarked, talking about Ryle. "I wonder if he's one of those strong silent types and he was just miffed that Lofty ran over his cheese or something."

Lofty turned his cab toward them. "His sword made me a bit nervous," Lofty admitted.

"A lot of things made you nervous," Scraps replied. "You always seemed so on-edge and tensified on the way here, as if something were going to jump out and attack us."

"Which it did."

"Well, rather, we walked into them."

King Arthur stood up. "Very well, let us hear the tale of these brave vagabonds who stopped to serve Camelot outside their call of duty!"

"'Call of duty' sounds like some kind of lame shooting game," Scraps muttered to Cordelia, leaning over and placing her mouth behind her glove.

She then whirled around and told the entire account from her eyes.

"...and then the guy with the thing opened the thing into two other things and then they went 'ZAP!' and all the bad guys died," Scraps concluded.

"Scraps, that was literally the worst storytelling I've ever heard," Cordelia criticized.

"What were you expecting? A pull-string-to-talk doll?" Scraps asked, putting her hands on her hips. "You set your standards too high!"

Cordelia immediately thought of the dancer Olivia.

"Perhaps I do," Cordelia replied.

"Eh, I'll concede that my retelling of the tale didn't give its full glorification," Scraps said with a shrug.

Brave Sir Lancelot stood up, and said, "Your Majesty, if I may be so bold," turning to King Arthur. "I wish for the Round Table to truly test the might of these wanderers, for Camelot hath not seen warriors great--or, at the very least, odd--as these."

"Warriors? Pfft," Scraps dismissed privately.

King Arthur stood up. "A tournament! Yes! The morn is nigh, and the time is ripe for game!" the king declared.

"Wait, what?" Cordelia asked.

"Just so long as I don't have to kill anyone. I'm dangerous, I know! Sometimes it's hard for me to restrainicate myself," Scraps drawled facetiously.

The other knights stood with Lancelot and murmured amongst themselves; they did think this was a good idea, and perhaps it may get Gawain's mind off of his perceived failure.

Guinivere, however, had some reservations. "What of the threat to town?" the queen asked, standing up and placing her hands on the table. The knights fell silent.

Arthur scratched his chin.

Guinivere continued, "If the villages of Camelot are unsafe from these wraiths, then who's to say that the castle cannot soon come under attack?"

"The enemy would not be so foolish as to mount another assault so quickly," Arthur said.

Guinivere sighed.

Cordelia stood up. "If I may speak, Your Majesty," she said.

"You mayst, hero," Arthur replied.

"I can speak for most of us that we are beyond exhausted, physically and mentally, from the tribulation in town, and I feel that rather than jump into the jousts and the spars, we should probably take a rest."

Guinivere nodded in assent.

Arthur mused for a bit, then decided that that would be a much better course of action. "Then they shall be prepared for the next fray, should it so foolishly come, and they shall rise at their full strength in the morning. But for now, we continue to celebrate Gawain and celebrate the defense of our dear Camelot from the fiendish hellions that just now began their plague!"

As the Knights continued to talk amongst themselves and with Slapstick and Ryle, Scraps whispered to Cordelia, "Dang. What eloquation this king's got."

Meanwhile, Sir Percival approached Ryle. "How now, good swordsman?" he greeted. "Might I ask how thou didst learn such advanced and magical swordplay?"
ToadRopes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:20 am

"Name's Ryle. I wouldn't say advanced swordplay, I was mostly using the ye olde 'hack and slash' technique." Ryle replied.
"The Magic on the other hand, I'm actually quite proud of that. I well my friend started working for Lady Luck a few years back, and every once in a while I get dragged into working part time and half the time we have to fight monsters or something. I've been working on Magic whenever I get the chance ever since, mostly because she never gives any notice of when I'm going to have to do a divine errand." Ryle said before removing his sword from his armor.

Ryle carefully held the sword to allow the knight to get a good view of the weapon. Ryle was eager to talk about how he actually did the magical swordplay. The teenager then continued his monologue, "I got this beauty just before I had to run another errand for Lady Luck. There's nothing special about it other than the blade has an incredibly strong magnetic field once a little bit of Magic is applied to it. If you look closely you'll see its actually two separate blades, and with just a little effort I can manipulate the magnetic fields so it can do this." As Ryle finished, the secondary blade slowly detached itself from the primary blade and started floating off to the side.

Just then the piece of armor Ryle had used as ammunition earlier flew threw the window and began hovering between the two blades. Ryle paused for a moment to look at the hovering piece of metal before he continued, "Oh yeah and then with the blades like this I can mess with the magnetic fields enough to launch bits of metal around. I guess you could say that makes it a RYLE gun!" Ryle then waited for everyone to acknowledge just how great his pun was.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top