Dimensional Clash: The Invisible Hand

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dimensional Clash: The Invisible Hand

Post by Teedler on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:36 am

Ryle

Fire dudes? "Bro! Time to chill out!" Ryle shouted in response to Father's rampage. At that moment it appeared that Dipin was thrown through a new hole in the wall, the lack of broken bones seemed to indicate Dipin created the wall crater intentionally as opposed to being used as a battering ram. The hedgehog then stood up and looked at Father and said, "Ryle? Did you stop working out or something?" At this point Ryle said, "Sorry to give you bad news but I'm over here." Dipin then looked at the hole in the wall and said, "Yeah I'm not the only one crashing the party."
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:23 am

The Battle of Wonderland

Father narrowed his eyes at Ryle. "Oh, you will find that I'm quite good at breaking a sweat," he said, ironically chillingly. Father raised his palms and changed the course of several of his fireballs to strike Ryle and Dipin. Each fireball transformed into the head of a wyvern, opening their fiery maws and attempting to bite at each of the Laviturnian champions.

In an attempt to dodge having a minor plot hole, Peacock whipped out her revolver and fored at the dragon heads, dissipating them into harmless wisps of flame.

Slapstick's eyes rattled in their sockets, as he dodged both of the fire attacks, "!EM TIH T'NAC UOY HAN HAN HAN HAN HAN" he mocked putting his hands to the side of his head and waving them, not noticing that a branch had just snapped off a few feet above him.

"Crack!" the limb smashed into Slapstick's goading face, causing him to fall down momentarily.

He stood back up, a large bump rising from his mass of hair like a horn, he winced as he pushed it back in.

Being distracted he failed to see the column of fire that was headed towards, until the last second.

A exclamation point materialized over his head a moment before the flames covered him.
When it cleared a statue made of grey ash in the shape of the toon stood in Slapstick's place.

"cough". the object hacked.

Before a light breeze came by and blew the ash away.

Father rose into the air and flung fireballs at Peacock's board. The board instantly ignited like a firework, crumbling to embers, revealing... that Peacock had left.

"PEEKABOO!" Peacock yelled, pulling out a mallet and smashing Father in the back. Father lurched forward from the blow as Fat Guy took a crowbar from Lofty's glove compartment and ran straight at Father. He tripped, and rolled like a bowling ball as Father shook his head. Father raised a palm and blasted Fat Guy with flame.

"AAAAAAGH!!!" Fat Guy hollered.

"Wait... Fire Guys are a thing!" Fat Guy realized.

Wildly flailing his arms, Fat Guy charged at Father, before going in for a full-body tackle. Peacock ducked out of the way and pulled out a fire extinguisher, yanking the trigger and spraying the two tussling figures with smothering foam. "NO--" Father yelped.

Fat Guy and Father stood there, Father clutching Fat Guy by the collar. Peacock hurled the fire extinguisher at Father. Father whirled towards her and immediately lit up like a bonfire.

If one had paid attention they would have noticed that previous cremated clown's ashes had seemed to have all clustered togather in a pile behind Father.

A white glove emerged followed by and arm, and a head that had its brow furrowed in an expression of mischievous glee.

Slapstick's eyes caught Peacock's and he gave her a knowing wink and shushing finger to his lips before placing producing a huge bucket filled to the brim with water.

"Ahem" he said clearing his throat before immediately lifting the bucket over his head and pouring/smashing it down on the Autocratic Adult.

"GO SOAK YOUR HEAD!" he yelled.

Peacock rolled on the floor laughing as Father stood with his pipe hanging out of his mouth.

"I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOUR JUVENILE ANTICS!!!" Father roared, igniting once more, surrounding himself in an aura of flame.

"A new age of adulthood shall rain down upon you! Children will be subjugated, and the world's adults will live up to the fantasies of our race!"

"Well, gee, I'm sure glad none of the other adults I know are like you," Peacock snarked.

Father chewed his pipe in fury.

Slapstick at that very moment suspected something, he twiddled his thumbs a little nervous.

"Ahem, hey I don't mean to make assumptions or misinterpret anything, so I'm just ask."
The toon scratched the back of his head.

"Are you some kind of pervert?"

Father stopped flaming for a bit. "What?" he asked, completely perplexed, squinting one eye at Slapstick and raising an eyebrow.

"Well I thought with the complete black skinsuit, the air of superiority, and the fact that you're talking about "Adult fantasies"", Slapstick's hands circled each other as he tried to get to a point "Well I mean...." Then Slapstick just raised his hands "Just saying"

Father pinched the bridge of his nose. "You kids and your dirty minds, ruined by the Internet... Millennials in real life are nowhere near..."

Peacock took this opportunity to pull out a steel chair and thwack Father over the head, sending hiim crumpling to the ground. "Huuurk..." he mumbled, before shaking his head, getting up, and glaring at Peacock. "YOU HAVE SUCKER-PUNCHED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, YOUNG LADY--"

Peacock then proceeded to sucker-punch Father in the gut.

"Then may I sucker punch you for the first time?" asked Slapstick.

"He's all yours, Bonzo," Peacock interjected, extravagantly bowing and pointing to Father as if showing off a new model of car.

Slapstick pulled the side of his vest, like a street salesman revealing a variety of clubs,thwackers, whackers, and smashers, his hand hovered over each of them before settling on a short piece of lead pipe, he curled his fingers around it and raised it.

"Listen I don't mean to kink-shame..."he said trailing off as he rushed forward smashing the backs of Father's knees,

"But, altogather I think this is a kink you should be ashamed of!"

Peacock elbowed Scraps. "I really, really like this guy," she remarked, grinning and pointing at Slapstick.

Father buckled forward, clutching his legs in frustration.

"No offense, Slapstick, but you really sucked all the drama out of this really dramatic end-of-chapter boss battle," Fat Guy complained.

"Hey, if he gets the job done, he gets the job done," Scraps said, in defense of Slapstick.

"Oh I'm sorry" he said as he twhacked Father again "Do you want me to set you on fire again?, all that fat you'd make a fine candle!"

"I'm good, thanks," Fat Guy replied nervously.

Father groaned. "K-kill you..."

Peacock then whipped out a burlap sack and threw it over Father, before kicking him to the ground and stomping on him repeatedly. Andy Anvil and Tommy Ten-Ton popped out and joined in, stomping on Father as well, while a little George bomb waddled up and began pounding the sack.

Peacock turned around and tossed a smoldering cigar onto George's fuse, and George exploded, the force of the explosion hurting Father.

Peacock turned around as she heard the crackling of flame. The burlap sack began to smoke, then glow as fire began to consume its mesh.

The ashes of the burlap sack crumbled as Father climbed out, his knees unbroken, his eyes glowing with hate. "You have made me very, VERY angry!" Father growled.

"Ha! We'll just keep knocking you down--" Peacock started, before catching a fireball to the chest. Avery pulled out a fire extinguisher, popped out of Peacock's hat, and quickly gushed her with foam before she could suffer any permanent damage. Her hat was knocked off-kilter in the process.

"Wise guy, eh?" Peacock asked, dusting herself off and turning her hat in its proper direction.

"Its never as simple as beating the everloving sh*t out of them is it?" Slapstick, said stepping up beside her.

"It never is. Now, I'm more inclined to knock the hell outta the Skullgirl, but I'm happy to tear apart a flaming fascist jerk any day!"

Cordelia and the Bandersnatch ran up to join the others, while Lofty and Fat Guy came up to offer their two cents. "You're definitely outnumbered. I think we managed to beat up your giant dragons, believe it or not," Fat Guy remarked, checking the backs of his stubby palms.

"Several explosions in the distance"

Slapstick put his left hand on his forehead and peered at the source,"And I believe my somewhat psychotic friend put an end to any reinforcements"

Sure enough, Pyro's flames had spread to take out any of the Heartless that had accosted Dipin prior, including the massive rose bush.

Father narrowed his eyes. "It will take more than all of you to stop my power..." Father growled, rising into the air again. Cordelia threw her javelin, but Father batted it aside. She dashed to catch it, then whirled it around, only to spot a second figure coming straight towards them. She quickly reacted by grabbing the shaft of her lance and parrying whatever blow was coming straight for her neck.

Dark Meta Knight, his torn wings spread, clashed blades with Cordelia, his fast movements almost one step ahead of Cordelia's parries. Almost. But Cordelia was skilled with the lance, and with its superior length she managed to keep Dark Meta Knight from holding too much advantage over her.

"All those in my way must perish," Dark Meta Knight hissed.

Meanwhile, Father, from the air, began to fling fireballs at the others. Fat Guy scooped up Scraps and hoisted her onto the Bandersnatch's back, before urging the Bandersnatch to hightail it over to Lofty. "Drive, man, drive!" Fat Guy yelped. The Bandersnatch clung comically onto the side of Lofty's cab as Scraps and Fat Guy huddled in the seats. Lofty backed out and made a beeline for the Court of Hearts in order to get the three of them to safety.

"Ok when were you going to tell me about the evil dodgeball!", The Toon rolled his eyes

"It's always the tennis balls of death, isn't it?" Peacock asked, before pulling out her oversized mallet. "Up for a doubles match, Toon Boy?"

Slapstick grinned and pulled out his own mallet twirling it in his hands,"I'd Love[i/] that, Animated Annie!"

"Heh, [i]I'm
not Annie. Annie of the Stars might my favorite show, but I'm not her. Appreciate the compliment, though," Peacock replied. She then pointed with a stubby cartoon finger. "FIREBALLS, TEN AND TWO!" she hollered, before hoisting her mallet and swinging it round, catching the two-o'clock fireball and blasting it back at Father.

Slapstick twisted in place looking like a dish rag, before spinning back catching the ten-o'clock flamesphere, propelling it back at the shadowy figure

Both fireballs soared at Father, but he parried them back at Peacock and Slapstick. The one soaring towards Slapstick was moving much more quickly than the one aimed at Peacock. "INCOMING!" Peacock yelped.

"AYE YIE YIE," Slapstick screamed , pulling out a giant frying pan and shielding himself,"THATS ONE A SPICY MEATBALL!"

Meanwhile, Cordelia clashed with Dark Meta Knight, keeping the mirror-clone away from her with the length of her lance. "I will have my revenge!" Dark Meta Knight seethed. "No one will stop me!"

"I shudder at the thought of who you might exact your vengeance upon," Cordelia muttered through gritted teeth, before twirling her lance and catching Dark Meta Knight in the Star Warrior equivalent of the sternum, sending a shock through his body.

Peacock swung her mallet as the second fireball shot towards her, knocking it back towards Father. Father struck it back, this time sending at Slapstick, whose frying pan had disintegrated the other fireball.

"I think we're gonna need something tougher, made of metal, maybe ...sharp" the Toon's eyes locked on to Dark Meta knight, however in his distraction he had lowered the frying pan.

He did a matrix style duck, and it missed him.
Or rather most of him, The fire had scorched off a good portion of the clowns purple hair.

His cornea's turned a bright shade of red, joined by several thick red veins.
his body spun around followed by his head as he blurred towards Dark Meta Knight, and grasped onto his mask jamming his fingers into the eyeholes.

"NGAAAAGGGHHH!!!" Dark Meta Knight screamed, more in surprise than in pain. (The mask had a tinted visor.)

"Mind if I borrow this?" he said in a casual tone, hefting the struggling orb up.

"Not at all," Cordelia replied, somewhat taken aback (but at the same time, somewhat relieved).

"DOUBLE BATTER UP!" he shouted before throwing Dark Meta Knight into the air, before swinging with all the strength of a really violent Casey at the bat(minus the missing), DMK flew skyward.
"FOUR!" he yelled.

Peacock tossed her mallet into the sky like Ike's Aether attack, then jumped at the flying Dark Meta Knight. "Alley-oop!" Peacock shouted, before swinging the mallet and smashing the head into Dark Meta Knight's body. "EIGHT!" she shouted.

Dark Meta Knight's eyes shrank to pinpoints as he headed straight for Father. "GGGGAAAAAHHH--"

They collided and tumbled on the ground.

"GEEETTTTTTT DUNKED ON!!!" Peacock yelled.

???

"hehehe. i like this kid."

Peacock

Peacock fell back to the ground and ran over to Slapstick for a high five.

Slapstick similarly ran towards her and raised his right hand. The hands met.

"TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!" Avery shouted from under Peacock's hat.

"Darn tootin', Avery!" Peacock agreed.

Father, now beyond furious, raised both his arms and created encasements of flame around Peacock and Slapstick. He continued to feed the flame even as Peacock pulled out yet another fire extinguisher.

"You will burn, and you will burn, and you will burn," Father seethed.

"I'll keep whacking you, I'll keep whacking you, and I'll keep whacking you," Peacock retorted.

"I'd like to see you try when you're a pile of ashes."

Peacock glanced over at Slapstick.

"I don't think you seem to grasp the logic, of this situation!" The Toon said giving a cocky grin.

Pulling out a huge seltzer bottle Slapstick sprayed at the flames, keeping them at bay.

"Dark Meta Knight, eliminate the other meddlers," Father ordered, before turning to Slapstick. "But for how long can you keep pressing that trigger, boy?" he asked, his eyes narrowing and his flames burning brighter.

"As long as you can keep being an A**HOLE!" The Toon yelled back

"I will NOT tolerate that kind of language from you!" Father roared.

At this, Peacock let off a string of every nasty epithet that she knew, all directed at Father.

Dark Meta Knight dashed at Cordelia, sweeping his sword in an arc as areas of shadow appeared on the ground, sucking the light out of their general vicinity, before erupting with massive versions of the silver mirrored Galaxia. Cordelia jumped back as each blade erupted from the shadowy pits, keeping an eye on Dark Meta Knight's flash-stepping, her grip on the handle of her lance steady. She eyed the approaching Dark Meta Knight carefully, watching him shift from here, to there, to--

"YAH!" Cordelia shouted, swinging around and catching Dark Meta Knight in the side before he could land a sneak-attack on her. Dark Meta Knight rolled on the ground, but landed upright and shook off the blow.

"Years of being trapped in the mirror dimension have tempered my vengeful spirit, warrior," Dark Meta Knight growled. "I will not fall easily."

Peacock snorted.

"Shut up, girl! Your mallet strikes cannot harm me!" Dark Meta Knight protested.

Cordelia took this opportunity to smack Dark Meta Knight, but he quickly grabbed the tip of her spear and wrenched Cordelia to the ground. Cordelia felt the lawn rumble beneath her. Was it her heartbeat, or...?

"You think you are clever, catching me during a monologue... Perhaps I ought to teach you a lesson... in BLOOD--"

"HIT THE DECK!!!" Scraps hollered.

Cordelia heard a loud THUMP and saw a large shadow pass above her. She found herself nose-to-chassis with the underside of a large, blue crane. A loud horn honked, startling Cordelia somewhat, and yet she dared not move because who wants to get hit by a moving vehicle, anyway?

"LOFTY TO THE RESCUE!!!" Fat Guy whooped.

"Stop it, you're embarrassing me," Lofty whimpered.

"Come on! You're a ten-ton unstoppable chunk of metal!" Fat Guy laughed.

Suddenly, Dark Meta Knight popped up, his eyes glowing with hate, surprising Fat Guy and causing him to accidentally smoosh Scraps. "AHH! IT'S HIDEOUS!" he screamed.

"Get offa me!" Scraps complained, her voice muffled by Fat Guy's body.

This caused Lofty to swerve off to the side and screech to a halt, comically throwing Dark Meta Knight off. But Dark Meta Knight took the momentum and spread his wings, before soaring up, around, and heading towards Ryle and Dipin. "BLOOD!!!!" he screamed.

Cordelia threw her javelin and it caught Dark Meta Knight in the chest before he could lay a finger on either of them.

Suddenly,

A horrifying gurgle mixed with a vile hiss sounded across the landscape.
A Jabberwocky looking terribly worse from wear flapped its bruised wings, casting a horrid shadow it landed roughly before stomping towards Father, but in its mouth it held something.

Reins.

A figure on the beast yanked back steadying the lizard, "MMMPPH?!" inquired a voice,

And low and behold riding the monster like a horseman of the apocalypse, he also looked a little worse for wear, and he appeared to have fashioned a cowl out of a deadwocky's skin, in his right hand he held his Sharpened volcano fragment still sizzling from spilt blood

Pyro gazed at the situation, his goggled eyes turning to Father, then the toon duo.
Without a word he pulled twice on the reins, and with a horrid screech the Lizard took flight, and soared high up, and flew in the opposite direction.

Then quite suddenly they turned back, the Jabberwock flapping frantically as it went into a rapid decent, Pyro could be seen standing on the back of the beast, one hand on the reins and the other sporting what appeared to be a Powerjack.

The duo swooped down, the weapon aimed at the shadowy Father.

Father didn't take the blow too well, and this attack caused the cage of fire around Peacock and Slapstick to disappear. Peacock immediately shouted, "LOOK OUT BELOW!"

Five seconds later, a piano fell from the sky and crushed Father.

---

The Little Sister, was jerked upward as the Jabberwocky, tried to shake of the horrible pain in its cornea, but she hung on gripping on the handle of her harvesting tool.

Big Daddy shrieked and tackled the offending lizard, clubbing it repeataibly, cracking bones and tearing out tendons, but than the second Jocky attacked, it wrapped it's arms an legs around the Titain's mighty frame, while its neck struck at him like a hissing viper.

In response the Big Daddy wrapped his free arm and gripped his drill trapping the monster in a bear hug.

Then he began to squeeze.
The Jabberwocky realizing what was happening kicked and clawed and bit.
but 'Twas all in vain as a mighty "SNAP!" was heard and the Wocky fell to the ground its spine split in two.

Its upper torso pawed at the ground trying to drag itself away from the monster.
A dark shadow fell over the Jabberwock's face as it let out a terrified cry.
"Whhhhhhirrr!"

The Big Daddy plunged his drill into the beasts head, painting the surrounding three feet with brain matter.
The Little Sister was busy stabbing at the other dead one,"TAKE THAT AND THAT AND THAT!"
Then the Big daddy lumbered bye and took her by the hand.
"Nooo!" she whined "One MORE!" she pleaded like a child asking for one more ride of the Merry-go-round, as she was led away.

--

Peacock dusted her hands off. "Well, that went quite nicely," she remarked.

But as soon as she said that, an aura of shadow surrounded the crumpled forms of Dark Meta Knight and Father, dragging them into the void.

Peacock stared, then shrugged. "I guess that takes care of our problem," she commented.

Then, a bright light enveloped all their fields of vision, and whisked our heroes away... Scraps made final eye contact with the Bandersnatch, with the knowledge that this was good-bye... The Bandersnatch whimpered, and Scraps silently hoped that they would meet again.

View user profile http://dimensionalclash.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:41 am

It doesn't appear that my chosen are able to speak the native tongue... Perhaps with my magic...

Scraps

Scraps barely missed being struck by a fast-moving Subaru.

"EYES ON THE ROAD!" she yelled, shaking her fist after the car.

"Eh, forget it, kid," Peacock said with a shrug. "Drivers ain't got no manners."

"How do you know?"

Peacock gave Scraps a flat look. "Do I look like I've got any manners?" she asked.

Scraps acknowledged that this was a fair point.

"So, where are we, anyway?" Scraps asked.

"Some sorta metroepolitan area... There isn't any sign of the Skullgirl here, so it ain't any of my business to bust heads," Peacock replied. "So, where's those crazy friends of yours?"

"Huh?"

"Ya know. Fat guy. Lance lady. Crybaby crane."

"Lofty isn't a crybaby!" Scraps indignantly debated.

"Uh-huh. He was shakin' in his tires," Peacock replied, waggling a finger.

"Maybe so, but he had a lot of courage to brave such a monstrous creature such as that shadow-man. I swear he was going to leak oil any time."

Peacock nodded and put up both her palms. "Okay, not a full-blown crybaby," Peacock conceded. "But that doesn't answer my question of where they are."

"Does this concern you?"

"Well, in an unfamiliar world, what is the one thing we have in common? We're out of place. And if we can be out of place together, then we'll have a much higher success rate than if we didn't," Peacock explained.

Scraps nodded. "So... uh, quite the change of scenery, huh?" she remarked, unsure of what to say.

Indeed, it was; they were standing in the middle of a Japanese neighborhood. The Japanese folks passed to and fro across the streets and paths, though mixed in with some of them were...

"That woman has a snake for a bottom half," Scraps observed, pointing at the passing figure in question.

"So she does," Peacock agreed. "And I think we passed a centaur on the way here."

Scraps and Peacock stared at each other, then decided to explore. "We'll probably run into one of the others eventually," Scraps figured.

Several women stared at Scraps, wondering just what sort of yokai she was. Others tutted and shook their heads at Peacock, for a girl without arms is a great misfortune.

"We're getting some funny looks, kid," Peacock whispered to Scraps. "Don't make eye contact with 'em--"

"Howdy, folks!" Scraps said chippily, waving to the passing people on the street.

"Or we could intentionally draw attention to ourselves," Peacock sighed. "The deed is done, might as well play along with her. How's it going? The name's Peacock."

"I'm Scraps," Scraps said, waving to a passerby. A concerned mother hurriedly waved her curious child away, telling him not to get too close to monsters.

"Well!" Scraps huffed. "They act like they've never seen a patchwork girl before."

"'Scraps,' huh?" Peacock asked, smirking. "Fitting name."

"Why, thank you." Scraps and Peacock had a formal hand shake.

"No problemo. Now... That wasn't helpful at all in figuring out where we are--"

"I'm surprised you don't," said a voice from above.

Scraps and Peacock whirled about. "Huh? Who-what-where?"

"Above you. In the branches."

Scraps looked up.

Sitting in the branches was a small figure, about the size and shape of a twelve-year-old girl. In fact, it appeared to be a twelve-year-old girl... with a bird's talons for legs and a pair of wings in the place of arms. A harpy.

"After all, you've been walking around on a street in Japan for a while..."

"Japan? Like, the Orient that Dorothy--" Scraps started.

"Oh, nobody's called Asia that since the early 20th century," the harpy interrupted, shrugging with her wings. "You might offend someone if you call it that, in fact. You know. Term from an age of ignorance and all."

"If we're in the Or--that is, Japan, then how come you're speaking perfect American English?" Scraps asked.

"My question is how you are speaking perfect Japanese," the harpy replied. "Though I suppose it isn't a concern if we can all understand each other. I'm a harpy. I don't think about these things much."

"It's okay, I'm stuffed with fluff," Scraps said, poking her temple to demonstrate.

"So what kind of monster are you?" asked the harpy. "Never seen anything like you."

"Well, I'm no monster," Scraps said.

"Socially speaking, not many of us are," the harpy replied. "The Interspecies Exchange Act defines us as citizens. Species-wise, I'm a harpy, so what are you?"

"I'm a regular girl, I just happen to be made of patchwork."

"As am I, my quilted friend, albiet one with wings, feathers, and a penchant for finding and eating worms and/or dead carcasses. Bird things."

The harpy fluttered down to meet Scraps and Peacock. "And I'm sure she's a normal girl who happens to be missing a few parts," the harpy added, pointing a feather at Peacock.

Peacock shrugged. "I more than make up for it," she replied.

"So you're Peacock," the harpy said, pointing at Peacock, "and you're Scraps," she said, looking at Scraps.

"Wow, you have good ears," Scraps remarked.

"Most monsters have good senses," the harpy explained. Which is why I heard something through Twitter about Mt. Fuji and...a group of monsters that lived underground? They're trying to integrate into Japanese society, though they were having a bit of trouble at first, as if they were foreigners even by monster standards."

"Twitter?" Scraps asked.

"I have a good sense of the Internet," the harpy replied.

"What's an Internet?"

"Wow, what time period did you come from?"

"Last I checked, it was 1913," Scraps replied.

The harpy blinked.

"She thinks you're cray-cray," Peacock whispered.

"Well, it was 1913 where my friend Dorothy came from. Oz uses a different calendar... That being said... What year is it here?" Scraps asked.

"2015."

Scraps blinked. "Yow! Over a century and already mass communication's taken such a massive leap, with twitters and internets. Awesome! This place might be cool. Unlike the other two places where some bad guys had to come along and mess up any fun we were having," Scraps tagged on that last part a bit contemptuously.

Peacock tapped her chin. "When did this whole monsters-underground thing happen?" she asked.

"About a couple months ago," the harpy replied. "They're really friendly. Their king is just like a father! Their queen set up an integrated monsters/humans school that'll be starting up this fall."

Scraps nodded. "Wow, they sound really cool," she remarked.

"Oh, here comes one of the monsters right now," the harpy said, pointing down the street.

((Appropriate Listening: Nyeh Heh Heh!
))

Riding in a Honda Civic sat a somewhat lanky skeleton wearing a large, round piece of armor and a red cape. He had a smile on his face, and his skull was creased into an amicable expression. He wore a pair of red gloves, and a pair of red boots. He did not parallel-park very well, but his demeanor was so friendly that Scraps didn't mind.

"WHY, HELLO, HUMAN! HELLO, MONSTERS! WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY TO TAKE A CRUISE, EH?" the skeleton asked, sauntering up to Scraps, Peacock, and the harpy. "AH, AIKO! I SEE YOU HAVE MADE A COUPLE OF FRIENDS! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, COMMEND YOU FOR YOUR AMICABILITY!" Papyrus turned to the harpy.

"Thanks, Papyrus. I must say, you're mastering the Japanese language quite well," the harpy (apparently named Aiko) replied.

"WHY, THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR YOUR ENGLISH, AIKO! NYEH HEH HEH!"

Scraps and Peacock looked at each other, then at Papyrus.

”AH, FORGIVE ME FOR COMING UP SO QUICKLY AND WITHOUT ASKING FOR YOUR NAMES! SO, IN THAT CASE… WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?” Papyrus asked.

“Scraps,” Scraps said, pointing to herself.

“Peacock, atcha soivice,” Peacock added, tipping her hat, and revealing Avery.

“WHO WE FIGHTIN’ NOW, PEACOCK?” Avery yelled, hopping up and down on top of her head. Papyrus’s face lit up in delight.

”WOWIE! WHAT A FUNNY LITTLE BIRD YOU GOT THERE!” Papyrus remarked, grabbing Avery off of the top of Peacock’s head and stroking him.

“LET GO OF ME, YA BIG PALOOKA!” Avery hollered.

“Avery, it’s okay, he’s alright,” Peacock said to the mechanical bird.

”WHY, I’M MORE THAN ALRIGHT, IF I MAY SAY SO MYSELF! I AM THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AFTER ALL! NYEH HEH HEH! THOUGH AFTER THESE TWO MONTHS I STILL COULDN’T FIGURE ONE THING OUT…” At this, Papyrus tapped his temple. ”FOR ALL THIS TIME, I THOUGHT THE BARRIER WAS BENEATH MT. EBOTT, BUT APPARENTLY, WE EMERGED FROM… MT. FUJI?”

Papyrus shrugged. ”ANYWAY, IT’S ALRIGHT! I’M REALLY LIKING JAPANESE SOCIETY! MY FRIEND, DR. ALPHYS, INTEGRATED QUITE WELL! THOUGH SHE HAS TO ADMIT THAT PARTS OF SOCIETY AREN’T QUITE WHAT SHE EXPECTED… NAMELY, THE LACK OF GIANT SWORDS… PERHAPS HUMANS HAVE MOVED ON FROM SIMPLE SWORDPLAY? BUT HEY! IT TURNS OUT THERE ARE MONSTERS OUT HERE AS WELL! LIKE AIKO HERE! SHE’S A RIOT!”

Aiko smiled at Papyrus. “We get along so nicely,” she said.

Scraps nodded. This Papyrus character seemed like a really, really nice guy. Genuine. Amicable. Extravagant.

”WE WERE JUST ABOUT TO GO AND GET SOME LUNCH. WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME HANG OUT WITH US?” Papyrus asked. ”AFTER ALL, YOU DID CATCH US QUITE TIMELY AT OUR RENDEZVOUS!”

Peacock and Scraps looked at each other, then at Papyrus, then back at each other. Scraps gave a smile. Avery shook his head no; he couldn’t stand Papyrus. But Peacock was with Scraps on this one. “Sorry, old bird, looks like you’re overruled,” Peacock said to Avery.

“Ugh!” Avery grumbled, ducking under Peacock’s top hat again.

”THEN IT’S SETTLED! LET’S HANG OUT!” Papyrus said happily. ”I GOT MY LICENSE, SO I’LL BE ABLE TO DRIVE YOU GUYS ANYWHERE. WHAT ARE YOU FEELING? I SAW A GREAT PLACE FOR FRENCH FOOD. I TOLD MY BROTHER THAT HE COULD TAKE A FEW NOTES FROM THEIR QUICHE…” Papyrus narrowed his eyes at the thought of his brother. ”WELL, BUT OF COURSE YOU WOULD EXPECT THE UNPARALLELED SPAGHETTORE TO BE A MASTER OF FINE CUISINE!”

“Do you have the money?” Peacock asked.

”OF COURSE I DO! THESE FOLKS HAVE BEEN GREAT ABOUT US PAYING IN GOLD!” Papyrus replied. ”COME ON! IT’S NEARLY ONE O’CLOCK, AND I HAVEN’T GOT THE SHORTCUTS THAT MY BROTHER HAS!”

Aiko, Peacock, and Scraps got into Papyrus’s Honda, and Papyrus started the engine. “Maybe we’ll run across Lofty and the others on the streets,” Scraps suggested.

“Remind me of your friends’ names…?” Peacock asked, reaching behind her and pulling out a notepad.

“Lofty, Fat Guy, and Cordelia,” Scraps replied.

“Lofty… Fat Guy… Cordelia… Got it,” Peacock repeated.

”WHAT KIND OF NAME IS ‘LOFTY’?” asked Papyrus.

“Lofty is a blue crane,” Scraps explained.

”AH. I’LL BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A BLUE CRANE. BLUE IS MY SPECIALTY! NYEH HEH HEH!”

Papyrus stopped the car in front of a small French bistro. A catgirl and a schoolgirl composed entirely of green flame sat at the table near the window.

"TABLE FOR FOUR, PLEASE!" Papyrus requested, strolling in in, his chest out, with Aiko, Scraps, and Peacock trailing behind him. As soon as they were seated, Papyrus leaned in towards Scraps and Peacock, smiling goofily, but with an obvious air of friendship. "SO! IT'S OBVIOUS YOU AREN'T FROM AROUND HERE, SINCE AIKO MENTIONED ON THE RIDE OVER THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHERE YOU WERE...?"

"Yeah... we were just kind of... whisked here by a bright flash," Scraps explained.

"OH, MY. SOUNDS EXCITING!"

"It isn't, actually; we just fought this crazed wacko obsessed with, like, enslaving children or something," Peacock added.

"ENSLAVING CHILDREN? DEAR ME, I HOPE YOU GAVE HIM A GOOD BONETROUSLING!"

Peacock, Scraps, Aiko, and Papyrus continued banter for a bit; Scraps and Peacock learned that Papyrus was a border patrol guard before coming out of the Underground.

"I WOULD ALWAYS BE ON THE WATCH FOR HUMANS!" Papyrus declared, placing a hand on his chest. "I KNEW THAT THE BEST WAY TO CAPTURE A HUMAN... WAS TO GIVE THEM TRICKS, TRAPS, AND PUZZLES! IN THIS WAY, THEY WOULD BE COMPLETELY JAPED!"

Papyrus sighed. "THE THING IS... BEFORE I MET MY BEST FRIEND, FRISK, I HAD NEVER SEEN A HUMAN... EXCEPT, OF COURSE, IN DR. ALPHYS'S HISTORY BOOKS! ...WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE COMIC BOOKS FROM THE HUMAN WORLD..."

Scraps nodded. "What sort of puzzles?" she asked.

Papyrus brightened up, the conversation steered back to a topic that he enjoyed. "WHY, EVERYTHING FROM JUNIOR JUMBLE TO THE GREAT INVISIBLE ELECTRICITY MAZE! ONE TOUCH OF THE MAZE'S WALLS..." Papyrus explained, pulling out a small orb that sparked with lightning, "AND THIS ORB WOULD ADMINISTER A HEARTY ZAP! THOUGH IT ISN'T AS MUCH FUN AS IT SOUNDS..."

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 pm

Slapstick
"AUGGGH LENSE FLARE!" Slapstick shouted as he rubbed his eyes, when he looked around he noticed that he was elsewhere, he noticed because a horn blared not two feet in front of him the driver clearly annoyed blared the horn again, Slapstick narrowed his eyes and took out a bike horn and honked it back several times very obnoxiously.

The driver yelled some presumably very rude things in a foreign language as the Toon crossed across the busy street and onto the sidewalk.

"Excuse me Miss where am I?" he asked a Woman pushing a stroller with a child inside it, she stopped and wheeled the stroller in a wide berth around him very quickly.
Seeing a man fixing a street lamp, he climbed the metal construction and hung upside down on the horizontal part.

,,¿uᴉ ƃuᴉpᴉsǝɹ ʎlʇuǝɹɹnɔ ɯɐ I ʎʇᴉɔ ʇɐɥʍ uᴉ ǝɹᴉnbuᴉ I uɐɔ ɹᴉs ǝɯ ǝsnɔxƎ,,

The man quite suprised at this spoke, as he flinched

"なんてこったい!"
Slapstick seeing he was unwanted, slid down the pole, and looked around spotting a woman looking out of a second story window.

He scurried up and placed his hands on the sill, "Hey I don't mean to annoy. Do you happen to speak english?" The woman did what most peole would do if a strange colorful being suddenly appeared at the open window.

Shes slammed the window shut, unfortunatly the Toon's fingers were still there.

His eyes grew huge as he bit his lip to keep from screaming, "A simple "no" would have sufficed..." he said with extreme restraint.

He desecened(or rather fell) to the ground.

His fingers were bent in various angles, and they throbbed with a bright red. He ran to a nearby alley and ripped off the can of a garbage can.

He stuck his head in and released a loud scream, that caused the trashcan to expand like a balloon.

When his head reemerged he was a trifle less "vocal".
He gave a sigh "Those Ann's always so emotional".
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:04 pm

Strange... Slapstick's words should be audible in Japanese to the locals, and vice versa for English.

Fat Guy

"Feeling like garbage, are we?" Fat Guy asked, leaning in and staring at Slapstick.

He looked about. "This is certainly a city I don't know a thing about. What I do know, is that I saw this guy drop his wallet, and when I moved to pick it up for him, he gave me this funny stink-eye look."

Fat Guy put his hands on his hips. "So where has Fate decided to put us now?" he asked. His stomach rumbled. "...And when are we gonna get to eat?"

Jasper

"Urrrgghhh..." Jasper growled. "I'm going to crush that Lapis when I get my hands on her. Siding with those Crystal Gems..."

The massive orange Gem felt that something was wrong with this planet. "Where are the warps?" Jasper asked. "This is clearly Earth, but... there's no evidence of Gem colonization anywhere in the area..."

"heh heh. feelin' a little lost, are we?" asked a deep, goofy voice from behind Jasper. Jasper had sworn that there was nobody behind her, but when she whirled around, clearly a stocky skeleton in a blue hooded sweatshirt, blue Converse, and black track pants stood looking up at her, winking his right eye. "the name's sans. sans the skeleton," the skeleton said, introducing himself. "you've got a bit of an air of consternation about you, huh?" he asked, opening both his eyes and glancing over to the left.

Jasper did what any sensible Gem warrior would do and grabbed Sans's cheeks in one hand. "What do you know?" Jasper snapped. Sans chuckled, and shrugged. "Tell me where the Gem seeds on this world are. They were here before; I don't understand where they had gone now. Who authorized their demolition?"

"hell if i know. though i guess that means that the notion isn't... set in stone."

Jasper squeezed Sans tighter. "hey, hey, watch the merchandise," Sans said, no less casually, though winking his right eye again. "i'm not as... thick-skulled as you might think--"

"ENOUGH with the puns!" Jasper snarled, throwing Sans to the ground. The skeleton landed on the asphalt.

"ouchie."

Jasper turned around and looked back at Sans. "You will tell me the location of the Gem colonization units on this planet when you find them. If I have to re-seed the Gems myself to continue our campaign, then so be it!"

Sans closed his eyes. "i'll keep an eyesocket out for ya," he replied. Jasper gave him a final glare, then stomped down the street, turning a few inquisitive heads. When Jasper disappeared over the crest of the hill on the street, Sans's pupils blinked out from his eyes. "I'll be watching very carefully," he added under his breath. His left eye briefly flashed with a blue ring.

He blinked, turned around, his eyes back to normal, and strolled down the other direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:43 pm

"Hold on I'll ask, Slapstick said lifting up the hair by where his left ear should have been, exposing a small grey dial, he turned it once. "Okay that should do it!" the toon walked up to a passerby, "Waifu, wafiu, Sempii, Okatu!" The citizen looked on with an expression of confusion, then annoyance as they rolled their eyes.

"Whoops, got it set to Weeb!"The Toon blushed before setting the dial one to the left.
He asked a passing businessman who seemed somewhat put off by the Hero's odd appearance nevertheless, he came back with an answer.

"Apparently, we're in Japan, course that guy could have been lying, he didn't seem enthralled to see me".
Slapstick scratched his chin in a thoughtful gesture, "The real question here is if our compatriarts, have traveled here too, for all we now they could be a stone's throw away".

A bright 40 watt lightbulb appeared above the Toon's head and lit up, "Say....." he started picking up a rock.

He reeled his arm back and chucked the rock, it ricocheted off the alley walls until rebounding back and smashing into Slapstick's somewhat surprised face.
"SMACK"
"Second time's the charm". He mumbled clutching his swelling left eye with his left hand.
He picked up another rock in his right and did the previous act,

With a nearly identical result.

"Ok" Slapstick said stumbling blindly searching for Fat Guy, he gripped a bag of garbage and shook it mistaking it for the red robed man.

"I may or may not have made the right decision".
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top