Dimensional Clash: Rise of The Mook

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dimensional Clash: Rise of The Mook

Post by Lowfn on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Hundreds upon hundreds of noises erupted from everywhere at once as the screen in front of the plastic dictator flashed awake in a beautiful green. The entire base arose from its slumber, every piece of machinery roaring to life while line after line of code flashed across the screen that illuminated the smiling Commander, who couldn't help but blubber out little laughs of joy at the sight.

An enormous bubble surrounding the facility had been summoned, masking it from unwanted detection. It wasn't perfect, but it was far better than any stealth technology the Commander himself had seen beforehand!

After two centuries, his word work had finally paid off! Like a child in a n assault rifle marketcandy store, he excitedly stared at the screen as the gibberish code changed to a massive list of characters such as Yoshi or Edward. He himself did not pick any of these names, instead allowing the computer to pluck a so-and-so at random in order to make things more interesting.

Then came a short loading screen which, upon inspection, showed that the very first location of the Commander's clash was being accessed. Some place called... England.

King Edward III

1348 A.D.

His royal majesty did not live an easy life. Oh sure he had the luxuries of a king, but that did not stop plagues and wars and war plagues from threatening his country. He could easily handle a war against those damn Frenchmen if not for so many of his people succumbing to disease.

Not even this garden could soothe his nerves. Wait! What if he were t-

"My liege, I have finished cleaning you-"

"NOT NOW! Can you not see I am trying to save our country," screamed the king in response of his servant interrupting his thoughts.

It was when he finished his screaming, that a butterfly comically landed atop his crown before the servant repeatedly apologized as they walked backwards and away from their king.

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dimensional Clash: Rise of The Mook

Post by ToadRopes on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Shovel Knight

Slash Mercilessly, Dig Tirelessly!

With the world saved, it was safe to say that Shovel Knight had the chance to settle down a bit. Our dear chivalrous (or, rather, shovelrous) knight, along with the brave Shield Knight, strode through town, the dark curse of the Enchantress lifted from the world.

SHOVEL KNIGHT

But a greater threat loomed over not only the world of Shovel Knight, but over all realities, for who is to say what sort of designs of vengeance The Commander harbored for the Omniverse?

These thoughts could hardly cross Shovel Knight's mind, as he absolutely had not come into contact with any sort of person named The Commander; he, in fact, had not come into contact with anybody particularly Nazi-ish in general.

And so, Shovel Knight was un-pleasantly surprised when all of a sudden, he was torn through space, from Shield Knight's grasp, and into the Another Dimension, the dimensional nether between worlds. Shovel Knight, tossed violently back and forth, to and fro between the wandering universal bubbles, could barely make out similarly-thrashing shapes through the interdimensional warp.

And suddenly, it was over. Shovel Knight lay in the grass, dazed, confused, and surrounded by a ringed structure of large, rectangular boulders. "Where am I?" Shovel Knight asked, standing up and stumbling, leaning against one of the boulders and planting his shovel into the ground.

(Several centuries later, researchers would discover the existence of slitted divots in the area around Stonehenge, as if made by some kind of shovel. This would lead to misconceptions about the civilization that had constructed Stonehenge.)

Shovel Knight gripped the handle of his shovel and through his blue, horned helmet peered about his surroundings. Most of these boulders were arranged in angular arches, though Shovel Knight didn't have time to wait until sunset to see how the sunlight interacted with these boulders. He needed answers. Shovel Knight looked around for any sort of dimensional rift, but couldn't find any.

"Don't try it," said a female voice from Shovel Knight's left. Shovel Knight immediately swung his shovel towards the source of the voice.

"Who's there!?" Shovel Knight boomed. "Show yourself! I will not strike unless you intend to harm!"

"What a coincidence," the voice replied, "me neither."

From the hill approached a young woman of a slightly-above-average height, with straight blue hair pulled into a long ponytail (albeit with several clumps sticking out of the tie). The hair framing her bangs was braided to ring the top of her head. She wore an orange garment with navy blue sleeves, and had slung over her torso and tied around her back a plate of armor. In her hands was a long staff with a curved steel blade at the end--a naginata. Her eyes seemed quite smug, although her mouth was tightly closed in an expression of concern, perhaps for her own safety.

The woman scanned Shovel Knight over, circling him once without saying a word. "You certainly don't look like that Nohrian scum," she mused.

"What scum?" Shovel Knight asked.

"Nohr... the sworn enemy of the nation of Hoshido. The night that threatens our birthright with conquest. But you don't seem to know where that is..." the woman replied.

Shovel Knight lowered his shovel and planted the blade into the ground. "Well, rest assured, even if I were from that country, I would not have attacked you in blindness. I consider myself quite shovelrous. I slash my enemies mercilessly, and I dig my ditches tirelessly. I strike the earth with adamant determination. I am the Shovel Knight!"

The woman smirked. "Sounds like an interesting existence," she replied.

Shovel Knight turned to the woman. "What makes you despise these Nohrian scum so much? Surely there must be more to it than political disagreement!"

"Aside from the fact that Nohrian politicians are violent, bloodthirsty, power-hungry warlords," the woman replied, "my parents were killed by Nohrian assassins. I cannot forgive Nohr for the crimes it committed against my fellow Hoshidans." Her expression changed into a dark glare as she thought of the violent death of her family.

Shovel Knight patted her on the back. "Well, vengeance burns bright but dies quickly. Exercise caution, good warrior. And... ah, what shall I call you?"

"I am Oboro. I serve under Prince Takumi of the Hoshidan royal family," the woman said, smiling again.

OBORO

Shovel Knight and Oboro shook hands with one another. "That being said," Oboro continued, "your guess is as good as mine as to the nation we are currently in, though the climate certainly feels like that of Nohr."

Shovel Knight mused on this. "It is not that different from my own realm, to be completely honest," he observed. "We will have to explore. Come, Oboro, travels with two are oft safer than those with one..."

Shovel Knight made a mental note to be extra careful with Oboro; he did not want to repeat the tragedy of Shield Knight, he did not want to fail again, for how could he redeem himself twice, how could he face his failures again?

Yoshi

All Yoshi wanted was a pleasant nap. Is that too much to ask? And now he was hungry again... The green dinosaur's day was not off to a good start.

YOSHI

Yoshi's stomach growled; luckily, Yoshi had a bag of Yoshi cookies on his person. Licking his chops, he sat down on the ground and pulled one out of the bag and opened his mouth, but before he could throw it into his jaws, a rather large predatory bird swooped down and snatched it out of his hand.

STARAPTOR

The bird alighted on a fence post and stared at Yoshi with steely eyes. Normally, Yoshi would have been peeved, but these sorts of things happen; birds will be birds. With that, Yoshi pulled another cookie out of his bag and snapped it in two, before getting up and munching on one half, holding the other out to the dark gray raptor. Over its head hung a scythe-shaped comb ending in a plume of red feathers like blood. It was a proud bird, a powerful bird, and it spread its wings out to exhibit its marvelous wingspan. The raptor's red eyes pierced Yoshi, but the dinosaur simply stood up and sauntered over to the bird, waving the cookie in his hand.

Staraptor still had the cookie in its beak, but with two thrusts of the head it swallowed the cookie whole, then pecked at the half-cookie in Yoshi's hand.

Yoshi pointed to himself, and said "Yoshi!"

Staraptor crowed out its own name in a series of caws and squawks that vaguely sounded like "Staraptor."

After a meaningful, intelligent conversation about the relationship between birds and dinosaurs, it was safe to say that Staraptor and Yoshi were at least acquaintances. (Cookies, of course, are always a help.)

Yoshi and Staraptor walked down the dirt path, turning more than a few heads, having deep conversations with each other the whole way. (Dinosaurs and birds are quite related; no wonder Yoshi and Staraptor got along so well). As they approached the walls of the garden of King Edward III, Yoshi felt that he understood the world a little better after having so many meaningful discussions with Staraptor.

Yoshi tilted his large nose into the air and sniffed the flowers; the smell seemed to make him happy.

All of a sudden, Staraptor clasped its talons around Yoshi's shoulders and lifted the little dinosaur into the air. Yoshi's eyes widened and he kicked his legs, but Staraptor lowered its head towards him and cawed at him to quit struggling or else they were both going to drop. They weren't even that far off the ground at this point, but Staraptors don't exactly enjoy having their legs torn off.

Up, up Staraptor went, higher and higher, until finally the two of them scaled the walls of King Edward's garden. The king's back was turned to them. Yoshi and Staraptor alighted on the wall; first, Staraptor deposited Yoshi in a sitting position on the edge of the wall facing inward, then Staraptor itself perched on the wall, admiring the garden itself.

A butterfly landed on top of Yoshi's nose. Yoshi wrinkled his snout, before sneezing and nearly falling backwards off the wall; had Staraptor not caught him with its right wing, Yoshi would have fallen the other way. With its left wing, Staraptor helped ease Yoshi back into a sitting position, glaring at the butterfly flitting away. For Staraptor is a predatory bird, and a brave bird, and insects in the world of Pokémon had just as much power as a dragon or a hippopotamus.

View user profile http://dimensionalclash.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:56 pm

Look at Erops being all fancy with fancy formatting and fonts. Have you learned nothing from DHMIS 5?

Melissa Brown

A flurry of words, not suitable for young ears, came out of the Nazi's mouth in the form of muttering. She hated this place. She hated these turrets. And she hated this, "Robot bitch."

As if her prayers were answered, she was whisked away from Aperture in a flash of light, her clothes returning to their regular state, with her modified pistol placing itself within her holster.

The only time something like this ever happened was when...

"Oh come on! If you shitheads are gonna throw me in a dimensional clusterfuck every two goddamn seconds, at least finish your shit for once!" she screamed at the sky before realizing she had company within the henge of stones.

King Edward III

Now that the servant was taken care of, back to battle plans...

Oh yes! The idiotic peasant nearly made Edward forget, but he was now recollecting his grand plan to beat the French once and for all! It was simple, yet brilliant! All he would need to do i-

[Insert Stock Sneeze Noise Here]

"I SWEAR! If this is another notice that my bed chamber is cleaned I will have your he-" shouted the king, his threat interrupted once he had turned around and witnessed the... Whatever this was in front of him.

One of the creatures very vaguely resembled a dragon, while the other seemed to be a giant deformed bird of some sort!

"What are you... Creatures," the king demanded, not entirely sure if these things could even speak, "I demand an answer or I swear on my position as king, a hundred knights will be thine downfall!"

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:33 am

A rectangular red door shimmered into existence it was a few feet tall with a golden doorknocker in the middle of it and a golden doorknob on the middle-left silently appeared onto a a worn stone ground, giving a jolt to the form that was shambling by.

The form's eyes peered out two bright yellow circles that glowed like a lamp, the creature was short and stumpy with a body resembling a moldy blue shiitakie mushroom, with a large domed cap that seemed to serve as a head, however the cap was helmeted with a appeared to be a bleach-white skull cap and face-plate that stopped at the upper jaw and framed the creature's entire top part of face and head, much like a helmet.

The creature stood still for a moment, then he turned to shout at a form a little ways away'"Hey Marrow!" it spoke said a gravelly voice "There's a door here.",

"Are you sure?, doors aren't like birds they don't just suddenly appear!" rattled a voice.

The Dryed Bones of a Koopa lumbered over to where the fungus was and spotting the door the once turtle put his hands on his hips.

"Huh?" Marrow said.

The Goomba approached the door, "You know I think we should check it out."

The Dry Bones gave a scared look "Let the Troop take care of it, Blight" The Koopa turned and walked away

BLIGHT THE BONE GOOMBA

"Geez Marrow you didn't die from back injuries, don't be so spineless." Blight than advance towards the door in his wavery somewhat stiff steps. "Might I remind you that we're both dead, what in the Kingdom do we have to fear?", the fungus pressed against the door with his head and hearing a "click" walked through. "Wait Do-" his skeleton comrade yelled only to be cut off when the door slammed behind Blight.

The slamming sound echoed through the empty alleyway that the Gloomba now found himself in, The fungus looked around and gave a shrug before walking out of the alley.

As he did he winced and gasped,"What is that awful thing!" he cursed.
Blight being a fungus who lived in dark and dank places all his life(and most of his death) had never seen the sun or felt its rays, and to him it was an quite unpleasant suprise,

He stumbled back as the sound of screaming assaulted the air, he looked towards the source of the wailing a woman in ye olde garb, who was pointing at him. "DEMON!, WITCHCRAFT AFOOT!" she yelled gaining the attention of the other patrons who did similar actions.

You couldn't tell due to the fact of his perpetual angry eyebrow face plate, but he was quite bewildered by these sudden outbursts.

"Hey now no need to freak out, I mean I don't want any trouble, not unless you're a plumber that is"

The fact that he spoke seemed to frighten the people even more.
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Temmie stood within her village's only shop on her four legs, eternally waiting for someone to come and purchase her 'tem flakes,' which were considered a delicacy amongst her people. She did not plan on staying in this shop forever however, instead it is her dream to leave the wonders of the village in order to pursue her education. She would get, as she called it, "te BIG monies."

But Temmie felt strange.. OR at least stranger than usual. Almost as if she were about to be ripped from her universe and sent through a space-time vortex past a million other realities until she emerged in an unknown world next to a weird zombie mushroom and surrounded by a crowd of screaming people..

TEMMIE

Look guys I used formatting. Am I cool now?

Oh wait. That just happened.

Under a normal circumstance, someone would be confused and maybe even afraid to find themselves in a strange new world such as this. Though Temmie is no normal circumstance. Instead, she turned to the nearby skeleshroom and half-shouted, "hOI! i'm tEMMIE! wUT r U?"

She seemed almost-decisively oblivious to the growing panic of the humans around her.

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Blight was slightly shocked as a creature suddenly appeared, and was taken aback when it suddenly half yelled him a question causing his eyes to rattle a bit in his sockets from the volume.

"What am I?", Blight scrunched up his face in thought "Um kinda dead?, but also alive at kinda the same time, like that cat-in-the-box.

*THUNK*

The fungus paused as he heard the sound, then continued "I go by Blight, I'm a Gloomba or at least I was".

*THUNK*

Blight looked over again and spotted two bricks lying on the ground nearby, "I wonder..." his wondering was answered as a third brick soared and hit him in the face *THUNK*, he of course didn't feel it or any pain effect him, he was mildly annoyed at best.

The crowd had grown more rowdy with the sudden appearance of Temmie, and a fair amount of them had gone and gotten various clubs, torches, pitchforks and other sharp and pointy things.

It was quite astonishing how quickly they formed a sort of mob.
Blight realized where this was going and started walking back towards the alley, "Hey Temmie lets walk and talk". "I have a feeling we aren't in friendly company...."
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Yoshi

Yoshi, upon hearing the fierce orders of King Edward, shrank back as his lower lip quivered. He burst into tears that comically spurted from his eyes squeezed shut, in parabolic arks that drenched a diameter of about 2 feet on either side of him. Staraptor stared at Yoshi, its beak dropped, then whirled around to King Edward, opening its wings and shaking them at King Edward like "WHAT THE HELL MAN!" while angrily stomping towards the king, in a gesture of peevedness rather than aggression. Staraptor turned back towards Yoshi and papped the dinosaur with his left wing, sticking a feather on its right wing up to shush Yoshi.

Yoshi sniffled and whimpered.

Oboro

Oboro and Shovel Knight stared at each other, then glanced back at Melissa.

"You certainly have some colorful language," Shovel Knight remarked. "But I do not wish to bore you with the obvious-but-asinine observations of our current situation."

Oboro shifted her weight and placed one hand on her right hip, and with the other planted the butt of her naginata into the grass. "You finished whining?" she asked. "If you are, we'd certainly like to know your name, since 'the lady in black' could refer to any number of things. I'm Oboro, and this is Shovel Knight."

Shovel Knight shifted his shovel over his shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:12 am

King Edward III

King Edward was, at best, confused by the situation which his facial expression clearly showed. Either his eyesight had finally given away, or he actually witnessed this creature.. Cry?

He awkwardly looked around for a few moments, unsure of how to react to the odd situation of a crying lizard dragon thing with a giant bird comforting it. He cleared his throat before managing to throw together a few words in an attempt to better understand the situation, "My... Sincerest apologies. It's erm.. Just uncommon to see... Random creatures trespassing.."

Melissa Brown

Melissa crossed her arms, leaning against the important ancient wonder as she said with the usual annoyed tone, "Melissa Brown. And you'd be 'whining' too if you were stuck in this shit for as long as I have. You must be new to the whole dimensional clusterfuck, aren't you?"

Temmie

Temmie's face seemed to instantly change to one of excitement, as her head were just a slideshow of different expressions. On top of that, her facial features seemed to vibrate as she hovered through the air, following her new friend.

"kAY!!!" she said in her usual loud happy voice before turning around and floating backwards as to address the mob, "bOI HUMMUS HuMaNES!"

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:02 pm

"......" went the humans a bit confused about what they just saw, their confusion gave the Shroom and dog just enough time to hurry to the other side of the alley, though as they rounded the corner to the street, the unmistakable sound of running feet and the sounds of shouts(mostly BURN THE DEMONS, and GET THEM!) were heard.

Blight quickened his pace, "So Temmie what brings you here?"

A torch hit him in the back on the head, and as he wobbled to regain balance he called back "YOU KNOW THIS ISN'T REALLY GIVING ME A GOOD IMPRESSION OF YOUR COUNTRY,THINK OF HOW YOU'RE EFFECTING TOURISM!"

TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:03 am

Oboro

Oboro laughed when Melissa cursed and raved. "Ha! I like her already!" she said, jabbing Shovel Knight with her left elbow. Slightly annoyed, Shovel Knight flailed his right arm to wave Oboro off. Oboro turned back towards Melissa. "I guess you can say I'm new to this dimensional stuff," she replied. "But I suppose the more important question to answer is where we are, and I think the best way of going about that is to explore."

Shovel Knight placed a gloved palm on one of the large boulders. "It appears to be some sort of stone relic," the knight mused. "Perhaps to keep time?"

Oboro shrugged.

Yoshi

Yoshi sniffled again as Staraptor administered several light flaps. Now somewhat more at ease, he looked up at King Edward and said simply, "Yoshi."

Staraptor made the same cawing Staraptor-y call that it made to Yoshi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Temmie

Blissfully ignorant of the anger in the mob, Temmie happily vibrated through the air as she said, "tEMMIE WuZ jus wurkin so tem cud go to COOL LEG, but den tEMMIE end up her with new frien, bIGHT!!!"

After mentioning her new friend by name, Temmie felt compelled to extend her four limbs like Mr. Fantastic in order to give them a hug, still unaware of how enraged humans have become.

King Edward III

Well they seem somewhat intelligent... I wonder if...
King Edward thought to himself for a quick moment, before a flash of brilliance struck him. It was likely one of his greatest ideas yet.

He cleared his throat some, smiling warmly as he said with humility, "Well allow me to make up for my previous offense.. Yoshi and Star Raptor. I am soon to have brunch, and would be more than willing to accommodate two guests."

Melissa Brown

Melissa scoffed some at the prospect of exploring the new area before saying, "It doesn't matter if we're inside a giant asshole. Give it a few hours and we could be in Shitopia in the blink of a fucking eye. We might as well take this time to relax before the inevitable shitstorm comes. And trust me, it will."

The Commander

Hundreds of small windows covered the massive computer screen, all showing different video feeds of sections of the world his playthings have been plopped into. While one larger window serving as a command prompt owned the center.

"...relax before the inevitable Poo-poo Diaper comes. And trust me, it will." spoke an audio feed from one of the windows, before being cut off by The Commander.

"A.. 'Poo-poo Diaper' eh? Well if you want it that bad, Mel," he said to himself, smiling before he pushed himself backwards, sending himself rolling backwards on his advanced 'Wheely Chair' before speaking into a microphone connected directly to the command prompt.

"Raise data value of DiseaseSpreadingChance:Bubonic_Plague by 200%."[/u][/u]

Last edited by Lowfn on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Blight

Though the doge-like Dog's intention was good, as the ropy limbs contorted and wrapped themselves around the fleeing shroomiod, his vision was obscured by the hug, ""MMMMMMUUPH!" he yelled his voice a bit muffled.

Stumbling blindly, Blight tripped over some debris and fell, and began to roll, his head making it easy to to the fact it was shaped like a bowl carrying Temmie along for the ride.

The duo rolled for quite some time, until the mushroom was stopped by a building in their path.

With a large amount of effort(Goombas don't have hands to prop themselves up), Blight got to his feet, and hearing the angry shouts of the mob, he sauntered into the building.

The establishment was filled to the brim with noxious white smoke, various people sat in chairs or laid in the floor, smoking out of long black pipes, the people who smoked seemed to be in some sort of state of euporia, their pupils constricted, they also seemed to be a bit out of touch with reality, as none of them seemed to be in the least bit concerned with the Necrotic walking fanged fungus or the stretchy mammal creature attached to him.

"Close the DOOR!" Yelled the only person not stoned the owner of the "shop" as he slammed the open door shut.
Before turning angrily towards the duo "You two out!, I can't have two freaks calln' attention to this!....What are you doing?!"

Blight hacked and coughed apparently trying to eject something, Suddenly something large and shiny shot out landing at the Shopkeeper's feet.

The Man disgusted by the action leapt back ready to hurl a few curses at the Mushroom, when he noticed just what the object was, a large circular golden coin engraved with with a vertical line on both sides.

"Here's my entry fee, mind if you keep me and my friend hidden?" Blight looked over to the door and back at the man.

The man eagerly nodded as he went over to the door, and gave the mob false directions.
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Temmie

Temmie's limbs snapped back into normal position as she slowly hovered 100 percent onto the ground, staring at the golden coin the human took. Temmie's face blinked into one of immense excitement, her lower lip quivering while her left eye twitched involuntarily as she looked at her money filled friend.

"yOU can jus make MUNS by VOMETENG!?!?"

This decaying mushroom could finally be the key to her college education! She can finally learn the secrets of the world around her, kept hidden by both the isolation of her village and the lack of any proper educational system within said village.

She could feel herself almost tearing up at the thought of her dreams finally coming true.

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Oboro

Oboro smirked and leaned against another of the stone pillars. "Fair enough," she said, folding her arms and holding her weapon loosely in one hand. "So, where are you from?" she asked, shaking her head once to get a strand of blue hair out of her face.

"If we are to be spending this so-called 'poo-poo diaper tornado' together, we might as well get to know one another better," Shovel Knight suggested. "Might I suggest a few icebreakers? How about a hearty game of 'Wa?'" At this, Shovel Knight raised both of his arms into the air and put his palms together.

"I don't even know what that is and it already sounds dumb," Oboro remarked.

"Ah, you are probably right," Shovel Knight agreed, pulling his arms down. "Still, I would not like to simply sit around here and do naught. 'Tis against my code of shovelry."

Oboro snickered.

"A noble and wise way of life, might-I-add," Shovel Knight continued, glancing over at Oboro.

"Of all things why did you have to make it a portmanteau?" Oboro tittered.

"Why Oboro, I did not decide the name of my code of honor! 'Tis a valiant name with a rich history that I shall not delve into for the purposes of making the audience speculate about its nature!"

Yoshi

Yoshi's eyes immediately brightened at the mention of food, while Staraptor nodded at the mention of respect. Yoshi nodded his head vigorously in response to King Edward, while Staraptor tilted its chin and gave a quick nod.

Last edited by ToadRopes on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Melissa Brown

Melissa thought for a moment before a wonderful idea sprouted within her mind. She feigned sadness as she cried out to nobody in particular, though obviously directing her well-acted sorrow towards her new acquaintances, "Oh but when the storm hits, we will have nowhere to take shelter! If only there were a... shovelrous knight nearby who would be willing to tirelessly dig out a comfortably sized cave in the ground near this rocky structure!"

She gave a quick wink to Oboro, signaling for her to play along.

King Edward III

"Excellent! Follow me, and I shall lead you to our hall!" exclaimed the king as he turned around and left the garden, going into the large stone fortress that he called home.

As he walked, he called out to his servants, who came within such speedy response time that would make the Olympic runners seem like a complete joke.

"Yes my liege?" asked the somewhat dirtied workers in unison, the group kneeling on one knee in respect of their God-chosen king.

"You are to see that the chefs prepare a far larger variety of food for tonight's feast! No matter how wild! I will accommodate every possible taste our new guests may have," he said, before gesturing to the two creatures behind him.

Before the servants could ask a plethora of questions concerning the holiness of such strange creatures, the king was quick to add with a snap of his fingers, "And I will have no questions concerning their origins."

After a few humorous bumps, the servants fled the scene, off to tidy the hall and alert the chefs of their new task.

The Plague

The people have become infected far quicker than before...

Was this evolution? Divine intervention?

The plague did not care, nor could it. It was not sentient. It had nothing against humanity. It was simply doing what it was born to do.... Reproduce.

Though it was so much easier to achieve this goal... This settlement fell so quickly...

It was not in its "interests" for people to die though. But alas, it happens. It is a good thing humans love to travel...

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:34 am

Shovel Knight

"I might know someone like that," Oboro said, returning Melissa's wink, then turning towards Shovel Knight.

Shovel Knight stood up straighter. "T'would be an ignominious dishonor to my code of shovelry for me not to dig tirelessly! Fear not, good ladies, for my blade shall strike the earth quickly and mercilessly!"

Shovel Knight worked incredibly quickly, tearing out massive, Shovel Knight-sized cubes of dirt from underneath the ground and depositing them in a pile next to Stonehenge. Oboro stared at Shovel Knight as his arms rushed like a pneumatic drill, flinging soil through the air. In no time at all, Shovel Knight had torn into existence a sizable burrow, large enough for three people and a fire to fit comfortably in. "This shall protect us from the inevitable 'poo-poo diaper' that you speak of."

"All things considered, that was pretty impressive," Oboro remarked in genuine awe of this blue knight's feat.

As she passed him and entered the burrow, however, she still said, "Still think it's kind of a silly name."

Shovel Knight whacked her in the rump as she passed, causing her to stumble forth. Oboro didn't say anything, she conceded she deserved that. #worth

Shovel Knight pulled out a torch and lit it ablaze, pushing it into a soft spot in the earth. "Now, we have shelter," he declared. "Perhaps, since we are safe, we can proceed to learn a little bit about each other. As you may all know, I, Shovel Knight, am quite professed in the art of digging. But woe was me when my world faced a terrible danger that could have spelled the end of the world. My dear Shield Knight... how I pined for you," Shovel Knight sighed, looking up at the roof of the cavern, his face not visible through his visor, but still managing to convey memories of wistfulness. "Shield Knight was taken by a maleficent force; possessed by an evil amulet, her form was taken by the Enchantress, a powerful magical demon with green skin and black robes. The Enchantress formed the Order of No Quarter, while I, Shovel Knight, nearly gave up and assumed a quiet life of farming until the world's end. But nay! I realized that I must fight for my love, fight for the sake of the world and for the sake of the code of shovelry itself!"

Shovel Knight stood up. "Shovel in hand, I set off to defeat every single rogue knight in the Enchantress's Order of No Quarter! I struck them down with the blade of my shovel, and I drew closer and closer to the Enchantress! I freed Shield Knight, and together, we brought an end to the menace that would have ended us all."

Shovel Knight looked up proudly. "I learned much on that journey. But perhaps my most important lesson... was perseverance. A stubborn unwillingness to give up. And never shall I give up; so long as the world needs me to uphold the code of shovelry, I shan't die!"

Shovel Knight looked down at Oboro, who had reclined against the wall and was nodding off.

"...you were nodding off, weren't you?" Shovel Knight asked.

"Uh--huh? Oh, yeah... Sorry. Um..." Oboro replied, awkwardly scrambling to an upright position.

"No, no, 'tis fine. Water under the bridge," Shovel Knight said, waving his hand dismissively. "'Twas but a meager account of the extent of my adventure. Couldn't capture the whole thing in a small vignette, could I? I could tell you all about the different adversaries I have..."

--

"...and that's why raspberries are so much better than blackberries," Shovel Knight declared.

Oboro had fallen asleep.

"Good grief, I have done it again! Fie, I must learn to hold my tongue when I see a tangent!" Shovel Knight lamented.

Yoshi

Yoshi had been provided a nice cloth napkin that he had tied around his neck. Licking his chops, he twiddled his fingers and awaited the feast. Staraptor stood next to him, comparatively stoic, eyeing King Edward III, expecting the monarch to say something to them, to make a move.

Yoshi fidgeted in his seat as he glanced over at the archway from which the servants had come. He drummed his fingers on the table. Meanwhile, Staraptor began to comb its down feathers.

Yoshi then looked up at King Edward III and asked an ambiguous, "Yoshi?"

???

"huh. it looks like somebody's controlling this series of timelines with a highly advanced piece of technology... what do you think, doc?"

"..."

"i suppose i'd be worried too, especially if the warp could be manipulated this easily. might it have something to do with your studies on chaos? like, with the gods and the snake and stuff?"

"NYEH! GET TO THE POINT, BROTHER. HAVE YOU FOUND ANYTHING TYING THESE EVENTS TOGETHER?"

"we're looking for some more common threads, but our findings are going a little bit slowly... we're probably going to try running some field tests, but it might be dangerous. just... make a mental note to come with me if we leave the underground."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Melissa Brown

Despite how utterly boring every word that had come out of the knight's mouth was, Melissa staved off sleep. While the dull words nearly pushed her over the edge, sleep was not something she needed, nor wanted.

"Well while whatsherface is taking a snooze, I might as well say my shit since you're probably gonna ask," she remarked while sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall of the cave shovel knight had impressively built. She had seen better built faster by her ex-soldiers, but still.

"I was once a little plastic maid minding her own fucking business in an entire world made of plastic, saving up money working in a hotel so I could do shit that I barely remember. Life was boring as hell, but it wasn't that bad..."

Her somewhat angry demeanor ebbed a little as she continued speaking of her past, "But then the shitstorm came. I was heading up to a room for cleaning when I was knocked out by a man you probably wouldn't know. He did something to me while I was asleep. Made me forget all my shit and turned me into a fucking soldier for his army or whatever."

She decided it would be best to omit a few details leading up to her transformation as she continued, "After some other shit happened, I became human. I ended up taking over his army after he just vanished but got killed in the goddamn process by some jealous prick."

"But I came back... Then I got put into a different shitstorm created by some retard named Dustpan or something... The last thing that happened in that one is I was in some place where a robot bitch wanted to kill me."

"And now here I am. This is my third shitstorm. I have no idea what happened to everyone else in the last one and I find it best not to care. And now you're in it too. The only way you survive is to pray that you get sucked to another shitstorm before the one you're in gets finished or you 'win' the one you're in, which probably means killing everything and everyone."

Not nearly as humorous as Shovel Knight's story, huh?

King Edward III

The large table was unusually devoid of other guests, housing only the king and the new creatures in his land.

"Do not worry my friend, the food should come any moment now," said the king with a warm smile.

As if on que, man came into the room, though holding a surprising lack of food in his hands as he walked to the king. His clothing clearly represented his duty as a messenger in the military and not a servant.

"This had better be important! Can you not see I am entertaining guests," the king said angrily, forgetting his temper as usual.

"Many apologies my lord, but the plague, it has destroyed half of our coastal settlements," said the obviously scared messenger. It was not clear if he was scared of his king, or the disease that threatened them all.

Edward simply stood there, with the intense look of hardcore thought. "It is worse than I had thought... Send forth half our our knights to establish a perimeter surrounding our unharmed cities! Tell every guardsman in every protected city that each peasant must be checked for the spots!"

The messenger replied with a, "Yes m'lord," before scampering off, rushing off to deliver the new orders.

The king simply slumped back into his chair, as a plethora of servants burst into the room with silver platters galore, all merrily ignorant of the upgraded threat.

Steaks, turkeys, chicken, eggs, several types of fine wine, squid, squirrel, dog, cat, and more types of food made from other animals and plants filled the table, some of which looked less than appetizing to any creature.

As quickly as they came, the servants left the room, leaving the king and the creatures once more.

With a sigh, the king asked, "Shall we say grace?" Then, he realized, creatures like these probably don't even know who God is. "Erm, nevermind, let us just eat, and we can have further discussion afterwards..."

The Commander

The Commander however, was less focused on these events, instead looking at a particular group of messages on his screen.

It would seem as if we have some peeping Toms...

The underlined question marks did little to conceal their identities.

The Commander simply laid back in his chair, folding his arms behind his head. "Seems things are finally getting interesting..."

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:20 pm

"Well in a way, yes". The unalive fungus responded.

"Bowser, and those above me often instruct Goombas to swallow a two or three goldlen coins, they claim that the extra weight does more damage when we charge". Blight gave an eyeroll at that. 

"I think It's for an altogather different reason, you see...", but before the mushroom could give his theroy outlining Bowser's egotistical need to fight Mario at the plumber's strongest, and thus the Koopa King gave his foe ample powerups and coins.

A most peculier thing happened, In the middle of the "Establishment" a large bipedal reptile quite suddenly appeared, the smoky environment caused its eyes to water and it to cough.

It glared with lizard eyes"."Nice try mammals!, using smoke to dull my superior senses! But the joke is on you because it didn't not work!",Also it was not actually a good job that was me mocking you!"

The owner took action jumping and running over branishing a large wooden club.

But the dinosaur spun around and whipping out a gun shot the man point blank in the head. "AHA!" He screamed "BULLETS ALWAYS BEAT CLUBS, EVERYTIME!"

He was to busy shouting to notice a second assailant sneak up behind the dinosaur, and smash him with a wooden club,  the lizard flopped about spraying bullets everywhere, before hitting his attacker and killing him.

"MY THEROY STANDS!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, shooting into the ceiling to emphasize his point.

"Hey could you stop that"
Doctor Dinosaur unloaded five rounds at the source of the sound, which appeared to be a stoner (now dead) "Down here". Went the voice followed by a annoyed sigh,.

The reptile looked down and curled his mouth in what could only be described an toothy frown.

"What manner of mammal are you!" The Dinosaur roared.

Blight shook his head "Check your specks tall Yoshi, I'm a mushroom that aint even in the same Kingdom, both scientifically and locationally".

"And I'm going to need you to keep it down Temmie and I are trying to hide fr-".

A large banging at the door interupted him, "Oh come on!, is being interupted going to be a theme!"
"TEMMIE HIDE"! he yelled.
The door was forced open as a very angry mob, weilding all sorts of bad things came in.

"THE EVIL GROWS, BURN IT!"They chanted as one of them jammed a pitchfork into his chest and heaved him up, he gave a few halfhearted kicks than just kinda gave up.

"I suppose pleading my innocence wont make much of a difference here,  though these corpses probably dont help my case".
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Temmie

Temmie quickly dashed behind the counter that once housed the owner of the establishment. All she needed to do was be still, silent...

Wait where did her face go?

Indeed, her face seemed to be levitating through the air, floating and vibrating near the crowd. She herself was not aware of it somehow, and simply continued to hide as her face began to move throughout the air.

After a few screams from the mob, they tried to hit the floating face, but to no avail, as Temmie's body was still placed under the counter.

"IT IS THE FACE OF SATAN HIMSELF!" screamed a member of the mob who was incapable of damaging the increasingly vibratious face.

As the face drew closer, most members of the mob and the tavern ran in terror, not wanting to be corrupted by the invincible face of the devil, others followed due to peer pressure, dropping the shroomkabob in their rush.

As they spread throughout the town, illustrations of Satan's face were changed in a number of paintings.

Temmie continued to hide, her face starting to go through a wall due to the lack of folk interacting with her.

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:15 am

It was another day for Link in New Hyrule. Link had decided to scout the ocean realm for land masses of significance. Link's quest was not turning out to be fruitful. And then, magic portals everywhere, okay one but it was in front of the King of Red Lions, this particular portal lead to rocks. Really big rectangular rocks, some of them were standing. Now given the fact Link wasn't chosen to wield the Triforce of Courage, he isn't the luckiest of Links, and of course the boat was on top of one of those rocks. Now Link had two options use his grappling hook or simply use his magic bracelets. It wasn't leg day, in fact the stumpy legs made leg day rather pointless, so in a matter of seconds the boat was on the ground and a thud could be heard as the rock was thrown to the ground near a pile of dirt.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:57 am

Yoshi

Yoshi's eyes sparkled as the food arrived; the dinosaur giddily clapped his hands and wiggled his fingers, wondering what he shall pick into first. His eyes settled on a large white cake, and he nearly just let his tongue fly before realizing that he may need table manners. (After all, a king who apologizes for jumping to conclusions deserves a little respect, does he not?)

Yoshi picked up his utensils and daintly cut a piece of the cake, then leaned over and wrapped his tongue around the rest of it and ate it whole.

Staraptor stared at Yoshi, expecting the dinosaur to have a really bad bellyache from chowing that whole pastry down in one go, but Yoshi seemed completely fine. In fact, he didn't even show signs of a distended stomach. Staraptor cocked its head as Yoshi cut himself several links of sausages and tied his tongue around one, pulling them all in like a line of fishing twine.

Staraptor, a bird of prey, immediately went for the smaller bits of meat. It squawked at the plate of dog, and pecked at it like an eagle plucking a field mouse from the grass. Staraptor's neck quivered once, twice, then the bird gulped down the cut meat with the predatory swiftness of a hawk. Staraptor then pecked at the glass of water, accidentally spilling it. In frustration, Staraptor pecked at it a couple of more times.

Yoshi, who had been busy digging his face into the boiled rosemary potatoes, stopped for a second to glance over at Staraptor. Yoshi then used his tongue to snatch the water pitcher from across the table and pull it over, deftly grabbing the handle and pulling an empty bowl over. He poured water into the bowl and slid it over to Staraptor. Staraptor turned its head towards Yoshi, its piercing gaze unwavering.

Yoshi grinned and gave Staraptor two thumbs up.

Staraptor gave a quick nod to Yoshi before taking its drink.

Yoshi had picked clean one of the turkeys that the servants brought out; at this point, Yoshi thought, it was best to take a break. His incredibly fast metabolism could only keep him so in line. He turned to his gracious host and asked, "Yoshi?", pointing out the window as if to ask about the kingdom of England.

Oboro

A sharp thud jarred Oboro completely awake. "Gods, what--" she asked, before grabbing her lance and rushing outside, only to see a little cartoonish boy dressed in green, his... boat??? having barely missed the dirt pile that Shovel Knight had made. Oboro lowered her naginata and ran to the boy's side. "Are you hurt?" she asked. She then smirked. "Let's try not to fall off of rocks, shall we?"

She then looked over at the toppled Stonehenge.

"...Or destroy ancient monuments," Oboro added. She looked up at the boat's dragon head. "How did you manage to ground your boat so far inland?"

Shovel Knight

Shovel Knight said nothing to Melissa's story, simply staring at her and wondering how one woman could be so friggin' pessimistic.

"Perhaps we do not have to take the route of conquest," Shovel Knight suggested. "I much prefer the path of heroes, as that more closely aligns with my knightly code. Is there more glory in a life of virtue? I'm sure you have seen folk who think the same as I, if you have been through several of these."

Shovel Knight clapped Melissa on the back. "Lighten up, my dear, for you are present in good company. How long that will last is beyond me, but you might as well enjoy it if you expect the worst, no?"

???

"huh. funny. it looks like we're being watched through the controller's computer. guess windows are two-way tracks. so... since you're watching us, why don't you tune in? we've got a ton of material prepared for you.

a skele-ton."

BA-DUM TSSS

"then again, i did learn that it was rude to talk about people who are watching. wouldn't you agree?"

Suddenly, a cracked, smiling skull flashed on the dialog box where the lab's conversation was being eavesdropped on. The white pinpoint eyes pierced right into the watcher's. A crackling, glitchy whine emanated from the dialog, before it went totally black.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teedler on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Link simply shrugged his shoulders and walked over to his boat before unsheathing a sword that had an hourglass embedded in the crossguard. Link then slashed an hourglass shape in the air before his boat disappeared. The woman seemed mildly upset that one of the rocks was in a new position. Normally Link didn't really care about rock location, but this lady looked like she might have a heart container or potentially other goodies. In an attempt the humor the woman, Link returned the rock to its original position.
Teedler
Puzzle Champion
Puzzle Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowfn on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:24 pm

King Edward III

During the eating, King Edward had only picked at bits of food here and there, his appetite having been ruined by the recent news of the plague.

"Yoshi?" asked the peculiar bottomless-stomached creature, pointing out the window and unto Edward's land.

"What you see there is the Kingdom of England, like an ancient Celtic woman, she is beautiful, but mighty. But alas, our war with those damnable French, and the recent coming of some sort of demonic plague has caused our land much pain... And with this seemingly new speed at which this black death spreads, I fear her beauty will quickly fade."

"Oh if only there was someone or something selfless enough with above humanic ability to aid us in these desperate times! Sadly, I have yet to find something supernatural that would be interested in endless food, wealth, and adoration..."

Melissa Brown

Melissa thought about what the shovelrous knight said for a quick moment before allowing a slight smile to grow on her face. He was right after all. If shit hits the fan, which it most certainly will, it'd be best to enjoy the fan while it's clean.

"Alright alright. I'll lighten' up," she said, ready to walk outside to investigate the ruckus, "Let's get outside and hope that wasn't the storm knocking."

The Commander

The Commander simply sat there, leaning his plastic face on his left claw, unfazed by the creepy laughter and such.

"After a few hundred years, jumpscares get pretty old," The Commander said, unimpressed. The only thing that kept his interest wrapped in these peeping toms now was the slight interest in bad puns and good old fashioned curiosity.

"Though of course your bad jumpscares aren't your fault, I like to blame them."

Dictator
Dictator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Oboro

"Well, that was quite considerate of you," Oboro remarked, watching Link heft the boulder and place it back where it was. "And pretty impressive. Didn't think a li'l guy like you could lift a boulder that huge-- OH, HEY, SHOVEL KNIGHT!"

Oboro turned and waved wildly at Shovel Knight. "Why, Oboro, it does appear that you have made a friend! Might I ask his name?" Shovel Knight called, emerging from the burrow.

"Might I ask your name?" Oboro repeated to Link.

Yoshi

Yoshi nodded in assent. That would be pretty nice. If only there were someone like that. All Yoshi did was eat things and turn them into eggs. It wasn't anything special; all the Yoshis could do it. Yoshi sighed and dug his palms into his cheeks, wondering when that special someone with the power to save all of this fine kingdom, and the selflessness to do so, would come. Now would seem like a good time for a green pipe to sprout and Mario to jump in and save the day. Yoshi would be at his side the whole time. But no, no such thing happened. As far as he knew, he was just a Yoshi, and Staraptor was just a large, intelligent bird of prey.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:45 am

"MAMMAL TRICKERY!", hissed the bipdeal reptile as he backed away catiously his head bobbing around like a bird's, he set his sight on Blight.

"MAMMALSHROOM!", I COMMAND THAT YOU STOP EVIL FLOATING FACE!" He pointed his twin guns at the shroom.

Blight's eyes turned Into half circles as he looked at the raptor and than at his chest which had a pitchfork lodged In it. 

"Whatever". he said and ambled over to Temmie who was hiding fearfully behind tbe counter he reached over and nudged her with his left foot,"Its ok now Temmie you saved the day, you can stop projecting your face now".

A shot was fired just above the counter a warning from the dinosaur.
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top