Dungeons and Dragons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dungeons and Dragons?

Post by Leonir on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Does anyone want to play Dungeons & Dragons using a free service like roll20.net? I've never played the game before, but Wizards of the Coast have a free rule book on getting started on their website, so anyone can join if they don't know how to play. If anyone wants to be the Dungeon Master just say so. If no one wants to we could probably take turns. I'm thinking we could do this around Christmas since this is when most of us have time off. Thoughts?

People Interested:

Leonir (Myself)
TheRandomRingmaster (Jawlord)

Last edited by Leonir on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Leonir
Goomba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dungeons and Dragons?

Post by thecardiackidofDCVII on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Everyone download Triple A. It's an online version of this strategy game called Axis and Allies about World War II.

It's really fun!
thecardiackidofDCVII
Goomba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonir on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:55 pm

thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:Everyone download Triple A.  It's an online version of this strategy game called Axis and Allies about World War II.

It's really fun!
scratch

Not sure how this is related, but okay.
Leonir
Goomba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thecardiackidofDCVII on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:17 am

Leonir wrote:
thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:Everyone download Triple A.  It's an online version of this strategy game called Axis and Allies about World War II.

It's really fun!
scratch

Not sure how this is related, but okay.
This is about online games we can play over the forum, right?

Sorry.
thecardiackidofDCVII
Goomba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomRingmaster on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Leonir wrote:Does anyone want to play Dungeons & Dragons using a free service like roll20.net? I've never played the game before, but Wizards of the Coast have a free rule book on getting started on their website, so anyone can join if they don't know how to play. If anyone wants to be the Dungeon Master just say so. If no one wants to we could probably take turns. I'm thinking we could do this around Christmas since this is when most of us have time off. Thoughts?

Pffft only nerds play tha-

*Twenty character sheets, and 3 figurines fall out of Jawlord's pocketz

I'd like to its been a while sense I've played tho
TheRandomRingmaster
Mudkip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToadRopes on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:06 pm

I have a funny story about D&D.

So I was paging through a guidebook of my friend's (he's DM'ing a game that I'm in) and I come across the Dragonborn, a race suggested to me by virtue of variety. I gloss it over, and I'm suggested to take the Warlock class, which has a bunch of fire spells and, combined with the Dragonborn class attributes, I deduced that they were a bit like a certain character that looks like this:

So what happened next was I said that this was "literally Bowser" and I started working on a sheet because I had no idea what to do next. I just decided to Bowz it up a bit, giving my character all fire spells and fire breath and whatnot, and in the end, my character was literally Bowser. (In fact, the name I gave him was "Literally Bowser".)

Sadly, Bowser got killed by a bunch of skeletons from getting pushed down an abyss. Yep. Bowser got dunked on by Sans.

Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans

View user profile http://dimensionalclash.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonir on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:00 am

ToadRopes wrote:I have a funny story about D&D.

So I was paging through a guidebook of my friend's (he's DM'ing a game that I'm in) and I come across the Dragonborn, a race suggested to me by virtue of variety. I gloss it over, and I'm suggested to take the Warlock class, which has a bunch of fire spells and, combined with the Dragonborn class attributes, I deduced that they were a bit like a certain character that looks like this:

So what happened next was I said that this was "literally Bowser" and I started working on a sheet because I had no idea what to do next. I just decided to Bowz it up a bit, giving my character all fire spells and fire breath and whatnot, and in the end, my character was literally Bowser. (In fact, the name I gave him was "Literally Bowser".)

Sadly, Bowser got killed by a bunch of skeletons from getting pushed down an abyss. Yep. Bowser got dunked on by Sans.

Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans Sans
Dragonborn?

In all seriousness that was a great story. 10/10.

TheRandomRingmaster wrote:
Leonir wrote:Does anyone want to play Dungeons & Dragons using a free service like roll20.net? I've never played the game before, but Wizards of the Coast have a free rule book on getting started on their website, so anyone can join if they don't know how to play. If anyone wants to be the Dungeon Master just say so. If no one wants to we could probably take turns. I'm thinking we could do this around Christmas since this is when most of us have time off. Thoughts?

Pffft only nerds play tha-

*Twenty character sheets, and 3 figurines fall out of Jawlord's pocketz

I'd like to its been a while sense I've played tho
Okay. It'll be great to have you playing.

Anyways, I've done a bit of research on Roll20, but it seems it'll suit our purposes. We just need to agree on what edition to use. I suggest 5th because that's the one that we can get stuff for on the Wizards of the Coast website, but as I said before, I've never gotten a chance to play Dungeons and Dragons so you guys might know best. After that we can set a date for when we could play. We just need at least one more person, but if it's just me and Jaw I'm sure I could find someone.
Leonir
Goomba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top